Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [DO] Employed NPCSims drop everything to shovel snow pil

by bsozz

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] NPC Sims drop everything to shovel snow piles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except My first Pet and Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any Dine Out or Get to Work retail venue during winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Customers get ignored while the staff go outside to shovel snow piles.
What do you expect to see? Customers being served
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed a new issue with Dine Out wile seasons is installed. My teen sim and her BF decided to go on a date to the Diving Pelican, after making an order I figured the waiter would be along in a few moments, a couple of sim minutes pass and I wonder where the heck the staff was so zoomed out on my camera to find the wait staff outside shovelling snow pile, even some of the customers were out there shovelling the snow. The only two staff that were inside the building were the Chef and the MC, along with a bunch of customers waiting to be served. 

To try and fix this I reset the staff using the debug cheat (I know I'm a cheater) which didn't work. Then I brought the rest of my sims family to the restaurant to shovel the snow piles, hoping to get the staff back into the restaurant, but nope, more of those piles appeared rendering my efforts useless. after about three sim hours (12pm-3pm) I ended the date and took my poor starving sim home. 

I know there have always been issues with Dine Out with having a hard time keeping sims in their seats and getting the staff to serve, but this is getting beyond a joke now.

Message 1 of 44 (5,430 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [DO] Employed NPCSims drop everything to shovel snow pil

Hero
I've added this as needs input for now. Sounds like the go jogging issue so would be interesting to see if it's related to a certain trait or if just all Employees do this.

Also does it happen to vet employees too ?

I did not have any time for testing myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (5,337 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I haven't checked the vet clinic, I'll do that tomorrow
Message 3 of 44 (5,334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi Crin, from my testing the issue isn't happening at the Vet Clinics, other than the usual standing around bug that the vets seem to have.  

Message 4 of 44 (5,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Not sure if this is related, but during winter season I was playing a doctor with the assignment to deliver a baby, and Bella Goth arrived in labor. As soon as her baby was born, Bella went outside to shovel snow, leaving my doctor stuck at the operating table, with no ability to cancel the action. After a few hours of Bella shoveling snow in the freezing cold in her hospital gown, I figured she wasn't coming back to get her newborn, and used the resetSim cheat to get my Sim unstuck. The game gave me a message that "Wayne" was starving and would be taken away soon, so I fed him and changed his diaper. Though she eventually stopped shoveling snow and came inside to watch TV, Bella didn't return to see her baby until shortly before the end of my work shift...

I'm on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), no mods or cc, all packs except for Laundry and My First Pet.

Message 5 of 44 (5,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I me too-ed with a general version of this problem. It happens to me everywhere. I've had families eating dinner get up en masse to shovel some spot across the map. I've had sims wake up in the middle of the night to do the same thing. Sims on dates, ditto. It's happened with bartenders and food booth workers too.

I don't know if it's a prioritization issue or what, but something is definitely screwy.

Message 6 of 44 (5,238 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Sounds too similar not to be a related issue, since the NPC's are ignoring everything else to prioritise shovelling snow piles.
Message 7 of 44 (5,222 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Sims drop everything to shovel snow piles

★ Pro
This happens to me all the time. Restaurant, Veterinarians, Retail. Venues with employees except the gym, bars and cafes.
Message 8 of 44 (5,146 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Have this happen at the hospital where the orderly (and usually my sim as well) will just go outside to shovel snow when it shows up on the lot.
Message 9 of 44 (5,097 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone share a save file with me where they've seen this? Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 44 (4,977 Views)