Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Households have same structure/name

by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

It seems this patch has not addressed this issue yet, though it seems it's still not considered an addressable one yet? There's 100 Me too's on this...

Message 81 of 92 (1,491 Views)

Hero
There have been some changes done for this so the count might not be accurate but yes, it's still an open issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 92 (1,474 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This game I am currently playing on PS4 is only spawning families with a Black mother, black teen daughter and a white son. All the white son's look like brothers. It's very frustrating trying to play a legacy when all the families spawn exactly the same. The single mom with a teen daughter and a son is getting very old.

Edit: Here's some screenshots. I am up to Generation 11 and still the game spawns these same households with the same names, structure and ethnicities. This last bunch to spawn was 6 households all consisted of a single mom, teen daughter, and a son.  

Message 83 of 92 (1,442 Views)

Re: Same Household structure

Hero

@PoptartJuniper 

I moved your post over to a thread that's a bit closer to your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 92 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Thanks!

Also an edit after reading the thread, the families do all have Japanese first and last names and Red and blonde hair is favored even on the black families generated. I get a lot of darkest skin and blonde or bright red hair Sims spawning all with Japanese names. I don't get a lot of families spawning so it's hard for the kids to make friends their age, it's almost all adults and elders even at the park. The families that do spawn have the single mom, teen daughter, and child son make up and usually the mom and daughter look similar but the sons look completely different. 

Message 85 of 92 (1,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This has unfortunately been a well-known issue since the game was released and sadly I've lost faith in it ever being fixed.

My solution is to make my own Townies to populate my worlds and I know it's not a great solution, because of the time involved, but it does work. I rarely have Sims spawn now even in new games, because I just move all my Townies in first, before setting up my own households to play.

I group my Townie households by type (such as by age and gender like single Townie females YA and A, then males and so on). I do this in households of eight Sims for single Sims and then I have individual Townie families of different variations (like families with one child and so on).

I play with really long aging settings thanks to MC Command Center, so I don't have to worry about Sims in the world aging up too quickly, so this helps preserve the way I set up my unplayed households. I actually got the idea for the way I do it from reading how some players set up their Sims 2 games.

Message 86 of 92 (1,350 Views)

Champion
Since November 2018 and the Get Famous update, my game defaults to spawning Indian ethnicity townies, whereas before it was stuck on blonde Japanese townies.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this change though.

It could be something associated with the single adult household template, which is used for the majority of NPC spawning, like new vampires, new criminals, etc. – in my game they're all Indian.

The one time I saw a white caucasian new townie was when I was playing a vet clinic and it spawned a new townie with a pet, which is a different household template.
Message 87 of 92 (1,340 Views)

Sulani townies repeating first names too often

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, and no stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at names of new townies automatically generated for Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? The same handful of names are used too often among townies. Somewhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of new generated townies have the same first name as previously existing ones, the most noticeable being three men named Rua. I've also seen at least two each of Nâwai, Fuifui, and Fetia.
What do you expect to see? More variety in first names for Sulani townies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Confirmed repeats I could find. All are adults or young adults. I haven't seen any other ages affected by this, but this file is only ~9 in-game weeks old and hasn't generated many elders or toddler-teen sims yet. This happened before installing mods, while the mods were active, and after I removed them. 

SulaniRepeatNames.png

Note: This is my first bug report here, so apologies if I did anything wrong.

Message 88 of 92 (1,298 Views)

Re: Sulani townies repeating first names too often

Hero
@BluejayWitch Merging this with the general thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 92 (1,252 Views)

Re: Sulani townies repeating first names too often

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There has been a mod over at ModTheSims to address this issue since July 2018. It is not a fix as the route cause is still there. It just reduces the amount of these diverse names that the game can select from to begin with.

According to Dorsal Axe over on the forums, the issue is due to the diverse names being specifically categorised under templates whereas the default game names are not. Since the existing names have no template name the game ignores the list and uses the first specified list it gets to which is the Japanese name list.

So it seems to fix this issue the team at EA will need to create a "default" template and make the game aware of it. Apparently the issue has now expanded to the Island Living names as well.

Here is a link to Dorsal Axe's post in the mod thread> [Removed by CM]

Message 90 of 92 (1,188 Views)