Re: Please prevent duplicate name when creating random sims.

by 99publicidentity

Original Post

Re: NPC Households have same structure

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i only own the Fitness SP, so the last names aren't an issue, some repeats from time to time/not that often.

as for household structure, i have four families made up of mother, teen daughter and child son, from before the patch. sons never look like the mother and daughter.

i think i had two housemates from before the patch, but i'm not sure.

since the patch, townies have been either a single young adult or a single elder. 19 males and 14 females.

Message 11 of 92 (2,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

EDIT: Never mind.

Message 12 of 92 (2,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hey, just thought I'd share some old screenshots to demonstrate some of the townie trends that have been talked about in this thread. Here we have a screenshot from an old forum thread. As you can see, she has a CL name, specifically Japanese, and blonde hair:

Rieko Suzuki.png

I also have a couple of screenshots from an old save. This one was literally the very first townie to spawn, that being the landlord. Her name was Rieko Sasaki. She had a CL name, specifically Japanese, and blonde hair:

Rieko Sasaki- Landlord.png

Rieko Sasaki Party.png

And observe her clothing. In her everyday outfit, she's wearing two articles of CL clothing. The screenshot below is her party outfit composed entirely of Vampires clothing. Now, I could rationalize the blonde/red hair trend if it only happened occasionally. Like, if that were the case, maybe they just dyed their hair? But that isn't the case. This is happening for almost every townie that spawns. That can't be a coincidence! Same deal with townies always wearing CL and Vampires clothing, even though I have all packs and expansions and lots of clothing for the randomizer to choose from.

Message 13 of 92 (2,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo

I've been gathering as much info to back this up as I possibly can. Here are some threads I made to see if others were experiencing the same things mentioned in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/7maud8/townies_all_look_the_same_and_only_spawn_in_cl/?st=...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931118/townie-households-almost-all-have-same-structure

If the comments are anything to go by, then I am definitely not alone on this. I've also found some other things:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSUPPORTED-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285/page/6    (There is a screenshot toward the bottom of this page with a townie that follows these trends. As you can see, the townie has a Japanese name, blonde hair, Vampires pants, and CL shoes.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/6q7bxy/since_city_living_came_out_every_single_townie/?st=... (a reddit thread from a few months back)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/6ca32n/why_are_there_no_english_townies_generated/?st=jbuw... (another reddit thread from a few months back)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/5kbbkp/stop_generating_townies_ill_give_you_anything_you/ (a reddit thread from a year ago; notice the prevalence of CL clothing and names in the screenshot)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/906883/asian-townies (a Sims Forums thread from a year ago)

Message 14 of 92 (2,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Since the latest patch/Jungle adventures, I can confirm that all of these things are still prevalent in my game. For example, there was this one townie I liked, Daichi Maeda. He was one of my Sims' co-workers at the hospital. Of course, I did change his hair color and give him some nicer clothes (yes, he WAS blonde). The real kicker was when my Sim went out to dinner with the Sim that he would eventually marry. At the restaurant, a critic spawned. Want to take a wild guess as to what his name was? That's right, DAICHI MAEDA. Exact same name! He was an elder, and I guarantee you that if I had aged him down, his hair would be red or blonde. I just deleted him, though, since I didn't want to confuse him with co-worker Daichi Maeda. In the same file, the adoption agent that dropped off my kitten had the name Kengo Yamamoto, and yes, he WAS blonde.

Another example proving that it isn't JUST Sims with Japanese names that seem to be affected by the red/blonde thing. It also seems to affect Sims with Middle Eastern names. For example, a three-Sim family spawned, all with Middle Eastern names. Two of them had blonde hair while the other had red hair. Strangely, this does not appear to occur often in Sims with Indian names, at least as far as I can tell.

The eyeball ring is also still EVERYWHERE and townies are still spawning in almost EXCLUSIVELY Vampires and CL clothing.

Message 15 of 92 (2,727 Views)

Please prevent duplicate name when creating random sims.

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are 2 things to consider. [1] Play the game normally. [2] In CAS menu, create a new sim and click [Dice] icon to randomize it.
What happens when the bug occurs? [1] Sometimes, you'll notice the game create 2+ same name sim/pet. This may result to unidentified problems because they can't target uniquely from 'get_sim_id_by_name'. Also, what if my played sim name is "Ayaka Okada" already? [2] Let's say the game picked "Ayaka Okada" name. You can create the sim without any name notification.
What do you expect to see? [1] Add a isUnique-name-check system to random-sim-creation system to prevent duplicates. (if the named sim already exists/passed away, don't use this name and pick another[this does not "deleted" sim; deleted sim name can be reused]) [2] When the player picked already-exist sim name in "newly created sim", show a warning that "this name is already exists, would you like to continue?".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

User-friendly system is important.

Message 16 of 92 (2,634 Views)

Re: Please prevent duplicate name when creating random sims.

★★ Guide

Here's an example(yes the game generated these 2 homeless sims automatically).

'get_sim_id_by_name' return only 1 value and I have no idea which one is this ID.

Message 17 of 92 (2,633 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

★★ Guide

Yet another example observed...

Interesting, another Asian name pair.

Message 18 of 92 (2,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@99publicidentity

Thank you so much for helping me record further instances of this issue! I definitely see the repeating names, and observe how three out of four of those Sims have red or blonde hair. They really DO almost ALWAYS spawn with either red or blonde hair when they have a Japanese or Middle Eastern name. I can also definitely see that one of the Makis is wearing a CL top. It's hard to tell with the other three, though. @SimGuruIcarus, as you can see, I think it's safe to assume that this is a pretty widespread issue. And now it's clear that these issues can potentially even cause technical problems.

Message 19 of 92 (2,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi I just quickly wanted to come on here and say that I've had this issue forever except I don't have the Vampires pack. All the damn townies are completely obsessed with CL clothing, at least 50% of them are wearing CL tops in every save. And yes, there are a lot of sims being generated with Japanese/Chinese features and the WHITEST skin tone and BLONDE HAIR, sometimes with CORNROWS...

I'm gonna attach a pic of some gems from the townie bin in one of my saves. The 3 ladies dressed in all CL were the first sims the game generated for this save, notice how both of them have that unrealistically white, yellow-ish skin tone. (Yes I do have CC installed) You can see that in the automatically generated family 2 out of 4 people are wearing CL tops as well.  In another save the first 6 sims were all wearing CL tops, 2 of them had the lightest skin, the 7th automatically generated household consisted of a black mother and a white kid with a headwrap... not even gonna comment on that.

As I'm attaching the second pic I'm already so over this bs. I mean just look at those 5 !!! ultra-white people. In addition the 3 guys have narrow eyes, red or blonde hair, and "eastern" names, god knows why, the lady, once again, head to toe in CL gear.

I'm so over it you guys

Message 20 of 92 (2,546 Views)