Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Sim w/o kleptomaniac trait can swipe Nifty knitting obj

by daikoyu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Sim w/o kleptomaniac trait can swipe Nifty knitting objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place some Nifty knitting knitted objects on a community lot. Have your sim with no kleptomaniac trait visit there. Click on a knitted object and the option "Attempt to swipe" will be there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims without kleptomaniac trait are able to swipe small Nifty knitting objects that can go to a sim's inventory.
What do you expect to see? Sims without kleptomaniac trait should not be able to steal objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either August 2020 patch or it was already there on Nifty knitting release.

To be more precise, the option came up for the small decorative objects (cactus, penguin, llama, yarn ball, turtle, octopus and whatever that is in the picture) and the knitting box but not for the toys, rugs, the poof thingys or hanging plants.

Swipe option available

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,315 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Sim w/o kleptomaniac trait can swipe Nifty knitting obj

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I can confirm this. I build a hospital with the Niffy Items (Debug) and my working sims can steal the small deco Items from knitting (I don’t place other objects from knitting). My Sims do not have the klepto trait and I deactivate the NAP-Systems completely in my Savegame.

I play completely Vanilla(PC) and my game never saw a mod. (Game Version 1.65.77.1020)

Message 2 of 3 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Idk if it got fixed before but it's still a problem for me, I also noticed it happens when visiting temples in Salvadora too - there were some books and a radio there for some reason, and my sim could swipe them. Hope they'll fix it.

Message 3 of 3 (998 Views)