Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Potion on Plopsy always has the curse cleansing descrip

by comicsforever

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Potion on Plopsy always has the curse cleansing description

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Browse Flopsy and look for potions for sell
What happens when the bug occurs? The potion description is always the curse cleansing one
What do you expect to see? To have the currect potion description
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I had this ever since Knitting came out, but it's not a specific patch since it was since Flopsy came out

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 5 (757 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] Potion on Plopsy always has the curse cleansing descrip

★ Guide

originally i was just going to say i think they just copied the items from showhiddenitems mode where it only has 1 description, but then i double checked my game, and the descriptions for them except 1 of the them say resets perks points. then i realized i don't have knitting pack, then thought they could've rewritten the text to curse cleansing. 

So 1 year ago the programmer after typing in 1 text for the 1st bottle said, "i'm not going to write a different text for each in showhiddenitems mode, i'll just make the game read only 1 type for all the rest, no 1 will see it"

Then 1 year later another programmer or same programmer making plopsy said "I'll just take the items from the debug mode to be in plopsy... hmm, they all say reset perks, i should rewrite them all to reflect each type, nah, that's too much time, but I'll just update the text to cleansing instead'

which either way is still lazy programming to change all from resetting to cleansing, if that's what the text reads in showhiddenitems mode for knitting pack.

Message 2 of 5 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4. The potions have the correct names, but the tooltip is wrong when you select the item for more information.

Edit: Added Screenshot.

The Sims™ 4_20201107160900.jpg

Message 3 of 5 (683 Views)

★★ Pro

I see this as well (on PC). So still not fixed since the recent patch.

Message 4 of 5 (633 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I see this to on pc

Message 5 of 5 (602 Views)