by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims multitask actions with eating that aren't compatible

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim eat a plate of food. Queue another action that a Sim is not supposed to do while eating.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not queue the action. Instead the Sim will try to multitask while eating.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to queue the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.66.139.1020

I didn't test this on every action in the game because there are so many.  It does happen on every actions I try with.  Most of the actions I tried were crafting actions.

Edit By Crinrict: removed outdated tag

Message 1 of 11 (1,100 Views)

Re: Multitasking While Eating

★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I saw on a post on Reddit last night I think on r/sims4 of a Sim mopping while eating. So I guess everyone has this issue, maybe. 😆 I'm on console so I think I'll try it in case it happens with console players too. ☺️
Message 2 of 11 (1,048 Views)

Sim won't eat, if it has other things lined up after that

★★ Apprentice

So yeah my sims won't eat if they have something planned after that. It's really annoying.

All packs. No mods anymore, because they became ineffective after buying the gem pack and had error with saving one point.

Anyone else? How to make them eat?

Message 3 of 11 (758 Views)

Re: Sim won't eat, if it has other things lined up after that

Hero
@JoBing1689 A lot of stuff multi-tasks with food although they can't really do it at the same time.

There's a thread on this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Multitasking-While-Eating/td-p/9478068

Is this what you are seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (731 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, they do the same thing. Except the sim will stop eating and discard it totally. They do not start doing another thing but act like they should start doing them simultaneously but leaves the food untouched. Checked out my game again. Some sim don't do that in the same household. I just thought that. I'm almost sure it's only two teenage sims (mayby an adult too), but no more than them.

Message 5 of 11 (726 Views)

Hero
@JoBing1689 If you do two things that don't multi-task, do you also have issues ?

I've merged your thread for now. Could be that it escalated a bit since this report was made.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (719 Views)

★★★★ Guide

To me the issue comes from the sims not resuming eating before starting a new.

Fo example, sims eat, then your queued another thing like going to bathroom and sims, instead of staying on their chair and finishing their meal first before going to the bathroom, they will get up take their plate, go pee, wash hand and then resume eating or they may put the plate somewhere or leave it in their inventory. This was an issue before the patch, not because of the patch, just to be clear...

What I expect to see, sims resuming eating, staying on their chair! and once they are done, going to the next action queued, or washing their dishes if they are neat or have good manners etc...

Another example concerning multitasking, sims being able to talk while eating, but not only talk and abandon eating... I have had too many sims lately starting eating, then abandon because they kept talking to the person next to them... and or take forever to eat because they just cant stop talking... thats another issue.

Another issue^^, sims eating and then getting up automatic to talk to someone random somewhere else... STOP it please, I just want to see my sims finish their meal and not walk somewhere or talk to stranger, or stop eating because they cant shut up! or standing up... just eat at a table! or if no table, at least stop moving around and resume eating...

Message 7 of 11 (672 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No actually I don't have that problem. Only two teenagers won't finish eating if they have queued something next.
Message 8 of 11 (571 Views)

Hero
@JoBing1689 Does it matter what you queue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (565 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No it doesn't. 

Message 10 of 11 (560 Views)