Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

by Tiarella4

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Mine seems to only happen after I have a sim 'dig' the dirt piles for fossils.  

Message 11 of 63 (2,185 Views)

Hero
@DreamzInPink There was someone else reporting something similar.

Are you using mods/cc at all ? I have tested this and wasn't able to duplicate.

Here's the report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Pets-and-Digging/m-p/7959693#M92426

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 63 (2,175 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you..  My mods are in my game right now.  I haven't tried it without.  I have done so much moving in and out of mods, I kind of just want to play. lol  I didn't have the problem until the update/patch on the 18th though.  

Message 13 of 63 (2,168 Views)

Hero
@DreamzInPink Mods get outdated with patches so yes, please try without before reporting bugs.

More info on mods usage here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Usage-of-Mods-and-Custom-Content/td-p/3936231/jump...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 63 (2,164 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has always been an occasional problem with queuing things especially dialogue choices. But yes it has gotten much worse with the last patch. I can't quite say if its always the case but mood changing might play a role in when a sim drops all the tasks.

Message 15 of 63 (2,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ditto.  For me it's been going on so long that I've divvied up some of my households to reduce the frustration of dropped queues.  (Line up 6-8 sims' worth of 8-actions each, and then have most of them drop?  Arrrrgh!)  I now prefer to play with no more than 4 sims per HH, & have been killing off sims as fast as I can stand (that's not fast!) to get the size down.  I no longer add pets to households, either, as sometimes-but-not-always it's pet-interactions that mess up the queue.

Regarding the OP's bee-box, I noticed that getting stung makes my queued-beebox actions drop.

Also have a problem--thought it was related--where I try to cancel an action (often a game-generated action) but it won't X-out, or it X's-out but then restores itself.  Then my queued actions time out/drop while the sim stands there or does the game-generated action.  It's frustrating, because the game is playing itself instead of letting me play the game my way.

eta:  I've noticed that GF-celebrity-fans almost always cause my celebrity-sims' queued actions to drop.  Seems likely this is by design, to emphasize how intrusive fans are for celebrities, but it's not fun or amusing, even if it's true-to-life.  The game would be more fun to play if this were not a constant.  For those of us with joint pain, having to re-do our queues so often is a literal, physical pain.

Earlier someone mentioned not being able to interrupt joggers in the neighborhood (console game).  I've had the same problem on the pc for ages (years?), regardless of neighborhood.  I've learned to stop trying to interact with the walkers/joggers/etc.  I had to give up on cheat-teleporting 'way in front of the target-passerby so my sim's right near them when the queued interaction 'activates', 'cuz even that seldom worked.

Message 16 of 63 (2,050 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This has become really bad after the patch this week. My sims will cancel using the toilet to read a book on a whim then play with the dog while supposedly still building the skill from reading the book. I can't even build a queue, my sims just rip through all of the actions without fully completing any of them. If an NPC sim is on the lot you can forget getting your sim to complete an action, She won't cook, sleep, use the toilet or finish a single action because it seems like interacting with the pets is overriding my actions. I asked a sim to finish making a meal four times today before I gave up, saved and quit. Its almost like the ability to multitask, which sims 4 is known for, has been completely wrecked. They just can't seem to get anything done! I hope they fix this soon because I really want to play with eco lifestyle! For the record I only have build CC which is disabled after the update. 

Message 17 of 63 (1,819 Views)

Random Social Interactions gets cancelled out if stacked

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Toddler, Spooky and Luxury Party Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If a sim has stacked social interactions stack together, the queued interactions will get randomly cancelled out. Refer to the snapshot 1a (with 6 social interactions) and within 25 sim minutes only 1 left while 3 other interactions are cancelled in snapshot 2a
What happens when the bug occurs? During social interactions
What do you expect to see? Social interactions should not be cancelled if queued together
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug appear after the latest June'20 patch and Eco Lifestyle installation

This is another bug which i find after the latest patch and Eco lifestyle.

Some social interactions will get cancelled out if they are stacked.

Message 18 of 63 (1,906 Views)

Re: Random Social Interactions gets cancelled out if stacked

★★★ Apprentice

This has happened in my game for years. I think it's a pretty common thing? Sometimes sims will also reset during conversations, which of course cancels interactions aswell. Plus they at times teleport while completing tasks. Doesn't always happen, but every now and then. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Message 19 of 63 (1,875 Views)

Re: Random Social Interactions gets cancelled out if stacked

★ Guide

@Qu4s1m0doS ,

Yes, there was once this bug was persisting in the game, coupled with limited interaction but it was fixed.

Do take note I played over 100 hours during the coronavirus lockdown and have not encountered this at all. It occurred again almost everytime after the June patch/ Eco Lifestyle. 

Message 20 of 63 (1,864 Views)