by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Multiple Bonus Traits

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Switch aspiration (In a different tree - Ex. Fortune to Food), Go to change your outfit (Dresser, Mirror, Etc.) (You do not have to actually change your outfit just open the menu), Confirm with or without any changes, Check Simology
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll will retain the original bonus trait as well as having the new bonus trait from the aspiration you selected. Example : I choose the Public Enemy and get the Bonus Trait : "Dastardly", then I switch my aspiration to Fabulously Wealthy, then going in and out of the clothing options, then check my Simology and I have "Dastardly" and "Business Savvy".
What do you expect to see? The original bonus trait without the additional bonus trait from the other tree. Example : I start with Nerd Brain get the Bonus Trait : "Quick Learner", I switch to Master Chef. Keeping the "Quick Learner" trait, not having an additional Bonus Trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Image Showing Multiple Bonus Traits

I have done my own research on this topic and I have failed to find any recent events. The last one that was near this was in March 2015.

They've said that it's a bug, more or less a cheat. I want to have a good run through not using any cheats whatsoever.

(https://bit.ly/2JL4cDk)

I'm new to the forums, if I did anything incorrectly, please let me know.

Message 1 of 13 (3,136 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Multiple Bonus Traits

★ Guide
One more thing broken with Get Famous update, I assume. Used to switch aspirations often - never ran into this issue. Didn't played after GF release much though due to how dilapidated Vampires gameplay became.
Message 2 of 13 (3,029 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Multiple Bonus Traits

★★ Guide
Out of curiosity as you didn't mention it, have you cleared caches and repaired the game? Have you tried to replicate this in a new save with a new sim?
Message 3 of 13 (2,987 Views)

Re: Multiple Bonus Traits

Hero

Hi @Ashyrzal 

I've tested this on multiple of my Sims and can't replicate.

Is there any time limit in which you need to go to CAS or is maybe a step missing from the description.

Do you maybe need to finish the prior one ?

I tried:

- Switch aspirations, choose plan outfit on the mirror --> no new trait

- Switch aspirations, choose change Sim on the dresser --> No new trait.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Recently I noticed my sim having two bonus traits, but I switch aspirations often to complete various aspiration goals, e.g. switch to soulmate while they are on dates to get the date counter up and Friend of the World when meeting new sims.

They don’t get new bonus traits every time I switch though. (This is all using the Live mode UI aspiration switch, I didn’t use CAS to change aspirations).

Message 5 of 13 (2,950 Views)

★★ Guide

I've tried to replicate this too and can't get it to trigger.  I notice the sim in the o.p. has a lot of traits, both aspiration and bought, and wonder if that has anything to do with it?

version 1.51.77.1020

EP: all except GF

GP: all except SV

SP: VG, CK, B, KR, S, RG + free

mods: T-mex all cheats

Message 6 of 13 (2,938 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have had this happen in the past if I used the cas.fulleditmode cheat before I go into create a sim. Now if I plan on using that cheat I make sure to switch back to the original aspiration (or at least one in the same branch that gives the same trait) so it doesn’t happen. I swap aspiration traits all the time and never get extra traits when I go into CAS without the cheat on. The way I found to get rid of the extra trait is to go on the aspiration with the trait you want to remove, make sure cas.fulleditmode is on, go into CAS and switch back to the aspiration with the trait that you want & that you also already have the trait for. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer 

Message 7 of 13 (2,887 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Multiple Bonus Traits

It happens to me as well, though I have no idea what the trigger is. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't...and honestly, I'm not really complaining lmao.

Message 8 of 13 (2,856 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,802 Views)

@crinrict I think I may have figured out a trigger - it's going into cas fulleditmode! When you come out, if you aren't on the original aspiration family - it gives the new trait.
Message 10 of 13 (2,767 Views)