Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Money Trees don't give harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Moshino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a money tree and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? The money tree no longer gives out simoleons when full grown
What do you expect to see? Be able to harvest them for simoleons
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since installing University or the last patch

I planted money trees , they have  been full grown now for 14 sim days and nothing from them , my other trees can be harvested as normal

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (8,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Money Trees don't give harvestables

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We would like to collect affected, unmodded saves with this issue.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:
https://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Money Trees don't give harvestables

[ Edited ]
Hero

@YorksRob Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

How did you get the money tree seeds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (8,425 Views)

Hero

@YorksRob @crinrict 

I realize this thread is a bit old but I thought I could add something to this.

In my game, the money trees never give any type of fruit and never have.  They also have to be harvested separately since they have an additional option to sell the money fruit and give you cash and you have to click on each tree you have separately to sell them all.  I'm pretty sure this is by design and the trees were never intended to bear fruit like other plant.  The higher the quality level of the tree, the more money each produces.  If I remember correctly, at perfect quality, you get around 30K so if you have say 5, you can be a millionaire in about 8-10 days.  

There is a way to get money fruit seed other than buying them with aspiration points though.  I have successfully created spliced plants in a number of households by taking a cutting from the money tree and grafting it to another plant.  Once it starts bearing fruit, you get one or two a day, every day.  And if you sell the seeds, they do bring you a good price but not anywhere near what you get from a fully grown tree. 

Also, spellcasters can create clones of any plant, including the money tree with one of their spells.  I forget if it's Duplicato or CopyPasto, one of them does work though.   And the new one gets created at the same quality level as the original.  

Message 3 of 16 (8,308 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Money Trees don't give harvestables

★★★★ Novice

Had to buy my money tree because I used my points to get one but it got deleted from my sim's inventory.

Message 4 of 16 (7,507 Views)

★ Guide

Copypasto- creates a copy of an object.

Duplicato- creates a copy of YOU.  Your magical clone will hang around for a few hours, and can be ordered to do chores.  And you can ask them to join your household!  If you do that, they become your sibling.

When you sell moneyfruit from the tree, you're selling 5 (or 7, if it's sheltered) moneyfruits.  When you sell the 1 or 2 from your inventory that you got from a grafted plant, that's why you don't make as much- it's only 1 or 2.  But having money fruit in your inventory means you can plant them.

Message 5 of 16 (7,494 Views)

★ Guide

You can also get money trees and fruit on the gallery

Message 6 of 16 (7,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having same problem. all of my sims with fully grown Money trees is not yielding anything harvestable. For example, when you click on them (in the correct season and they look ready to harvest after so many days) It just says, Collect sample. If you try cutting or splicing it. The tree just dies and you won't see the splice in your inventory, either. Trying to harvest all with nearby plants does nothing as well. I've had this problem for three years now but thought I was doing something wrong. But after watching a bunch of demos online. Realized there must be a bug.

Message 7 of 16 (7,034 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not true. If you see demo youtube videos on it, it does show an option to harvest fruit from the tree for a range of dollar amounts. In the video I saw on Youtube, the player got $8k after selecting to "sell harvest". Either way, my Sims money tree will not splice or allow for the money tree to be sold, either. Just says something like $18 to sell.

Message 8 of 16 (7,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have planted a money tree from my aspiration points, It grows , but never offers the option of harvesting. Then suddenly out of the blue, they revert back to a dirt pile.  SUCH A WAIST

OF 5000 Aspiration points. Very disappointed 

Message 9 of 16 (6,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Money trees take a very long time to grow. I think they need 240 hours from planting to maturity, which is at least 10 days, but remember that time only counts toward growth while the lot is the active lot. It could be much longer if you spend a lot of time on other lots. Also keep in mind that plants only produce a harvest on the active lot and only at 5 a.m. If you aren't on the lot at 5 a.m. you won't get a harvest that day.

There's an easy fix for plants that revert to dirt piles. Open the cheat console, use testingCheats on, then shift-click the plant, go to Gardening State/Growth Stage, and choose Blossoming. You should get a harvest at 5 a.m.

My current Sim has one money tree and it consistently produces a harvest of 5 money fruit worth 22,225 at Perfect quality. However, the money fruit can only be sold, not harvested, and that's intended behavior. The tree is always In Season.

Message 10 of 16 (6,332 Views)