by meltron2

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Missing wedding attire at wedding

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Vampires, City Living, Get To Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat , Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a wedding, play through the wedding
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims at random appear in formal wear (it's usually the sims from the household, which you can just manually tell them to change). Bride or Groom don't change into wedding attire. Sometimes you can't marry them because they work for each other (when they don't even work in the same field). Fiancee will be at the location but the game will say they're not there. Everyone dances while Bride and Groom exchange vows.
What do you expect to see? Everyone should be in formal wear, Bride and Groom in tux and wedding dress. Sims shouldn't be dancing when vows are exchanged, they usually cry or cheer or just watch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I couldn't find anyone else with this Dancing Wedding bug exactly. It doesn't really make the game run slower or crash, it just makes them...dance. And not wear formal attire to formal weddings.

Edit By Crinrict: Archived thread as things changed with the wedding pack

Message 1 of 11 (4,248 Views)

Re: Wedding Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi

Dancing has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Wedding-guests-dance-instead-of-sit-during-the-ceremony...

Relationship issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/td-p/6443694...

Since when do you have issues with the clothing ? Worked well for me last time I had a wedding but that was before the last patch ?

Please post in the other threads for the other issues. Will be using this for the clothing (tagging as Needs Input to see if others have this issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,157 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Missing wedding attire at wedding

★★ Guide

I have recently encountered the clothing-issue, too! It's a fairly new one for me, maybe since the last patch? I sometimes find either the bride or the groom dressed in their everyday clothes instead of their formal attire. I think it sometimes also happens at parties, too, but I have to double check that one. 

Message 3 of 11 (4,100 Views)

Re: Wedding Bug

★ Pro
I first encountered the wedding attire issue last March. Since installing Seasons and patches, no problem. Wedding attire works fine in my current save but I can't pinpoint when it was fixed for me.
Message 4 of 11 (4,058 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this too in my game. In 1 safe she didn't change at all. But in another safe, the woman changed in it after a long while. I'm not sure how or why. I think it was when I changed to build mode and back. 

Message 5 of 11 (4,045 Views)

Champion
I've had the bride and groom arrive at the wedding without the dress and tux. I quit to menu, reloaded from just before the wedding and sent them again and it worked fine the second time.

So my guess it's just a random case of it not loading up correctly the first time. Not that big a deal because sometimes I have already planned their wedding clothes, but doesn't happen 100% of the time either.
Message 6 of 11 (4,038 Views)

Wedding dress

★ Apprentice

Wedding dress

My sim never switched to a wedding dress during the wedding.  Is this a new bug?

Message 7 of 11 (4,028 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Wedding dress

★ Apprentice

I don't have cc or whatever.  

Message 8 of 11 (4,027 Views)

Re: Wedding dress

Hero

Hi @meltron2

I merged your post with existing bug report for this.

Seems to be hit and miss atm.

Feel free to press me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (4,001 Views)

★ Pro

I had a wedding party a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem with the Bride and Groom wanting to wear everyday outfits.
  I did not have the a problem with dancing guests since my guests, did not bother to attend.

I grabbed Mortimer Goth off the street who was cooperative with having a slice of cake and a drink. The game at least realised we had no guests, i only had a few goals to complete. It was the easiest wedding party, i have ever thrown.

Message 10 of 11 (3,984 Views)