Re: [TO TEST] Microwave food always gross?

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Microwave food always gross?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make food that requires a microwave.
What happens when the bug occurs? Literally every time my sim make something from the microwave she gets a negative moodlet. Even when the microwave is the best of the best and the food quality is "normal". The moodlet says the food is hot outside and cold in the middle. With a good microwave, this shouldn't happen.
What do you expect to see? The better microwaves shouldn't give the negative moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's quite annoying because I often just go for a quick simple meal so I have more time for other things like going out, work and her garden and stuff. Frown

Message 1 of 13 (2,798 Views)

Re: Microwave food always gross?

★★★★ Pro

I think this happens with all microwaves by default. You have to upgrade them to prevent the red moodlet.

Message 2 of 13 (2,726 Views)

Hero

I've tested this in my game and I can actually not duplicate.

I made chicken nuggets in an upgraded cheap microwave and the food was pretty tasty. Bought a new one (the most expensive one) and cooked more chick nuggets .. same moodlet.

@Kimo0wW Does it matter for you which food you cook.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crinrict You are right, I tested chicken nuggets with the most expensive microwave and they were indeed ok Standard smile I remember however that even with that expensive microwave the cakes and dishes from the company fridge were always "cold inside" ...

Message 4 of 13 (2,659 Views)

Hero
So maybe it's an issue with the company fridge ? I'll do some more testing with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (2,656 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Nope, it's the cake! I made a second test on my private lot with the cake (taken from my normal fridge) and it was "cold inside" as expected. Looks like chicken nuggets are easier for the microwave 

I think this is not a bug but by design. You have to upgrade all microwaves to get constantly good results.

Message 6 of 13 (2,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have had this issue in my game as well. I haven't upgraded the microwave yet to test that but I did notice the foods like chicken nuggets that came with Toddlers patch aren't affected by this. It's all base game microwavable foods I believe. I've noticed this problem since 2014 but I always thought it was just how they designed microwaves to work in the game. I remember mentioning it a long time ago in the official forums, but it seems like it fell on "deaf ears". I wish with more expensive microwaves this didn't happen. Sadly my workaround is just not using microwaves most of the time.

Message 7 of 13 (2,597 Views)

Hero

I haven't had time to do more testing.

Postponed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,538 Views)

Hero
Added this as needs input to see if more people have this issue.

There is something weird going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,478 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having the same problem

Message 10 of 13 (2,457 Views)