Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Mermaid form dissapears in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Create A Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I create a Mermaid Sim, clicking on the Human form after editing the Mermaid form, deletes the Mermaid form, and even when I go in game after creation, my Sim is still not a Mermaid.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see my Sim become a Mermaid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. As soon as Island Living was released, and installed onto my computer.

I'm not sure how to fix this, I haven't seen any forum posts about it. If there is, please link me one with a solution? 

Message 8 of 20 (6,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Mermaid form dissapears in CAS

Hero

Mermaids in Create a Sim will no longer be able to have their Traits randomized. This allows them to keep their Mermaidism, as well as their air of mystery and charm.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (5,791 Views)

All Replies

mermaid turns into a human in cas??

★★ Novice

(this has happened to me about 3 times now) i'll be creating a mermaid in CAS and when i go to the mermaid form and edit it then try to go back to my sims human form they're suddenly no longer a mermaid and all the work went to nothing

Message 1 of 20 (6,316 Views)

Re: mermaid turns into a human in cas??

Hero
@petalhands How do you mean no longer a mermaid ? Do you loose the alternate form ? Can you post a picture how it looks in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (6,286 Views)

★★ Novice

like the mermaid form just disappears...the sim is no longer a mermaid

Message 3 of 20 (6,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

it happens to Vixella in her most recent youtube video ( https://youtu.be/xFf6GSLPGdk )

Message 4 of 20 (6,247 Views)

Hero
@petalhands Sorry, I don't have time to watch a 14 min video.

Could you please point me to the min this is occurring ?

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (6,220 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict around the 5:57 mark and yes i am
Message 6 of 20 (6,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@petalhands Did you test without  cc/mods?

On th video the randomizing traits seems to be the culprit but it's clear she uses CC as well.

I tried to duplicate this yesterday from what I thought you said but couldn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (6,195 Views)
Highlighted

Re: CAS Mermaid Glitch

Hero
@Sar-bear1304 DId you test this without mods installed ? There have been similar reports but thos ehav ebeen mod/cc related.

Make sure to only use updated mods/cc and always test all your issues on an unmodded game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (6,217 Views)

Mermaid Form being dropped after randomizing features then traits

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, create a mermaid, go into human form, unlink forms (where the human form won't change the mermaid form), randomize eyes or other feature, then use the random traits button. The mermaid form will disappear. And I tried the mermaid kelp in live mode with the sim and they still can't be a mermaid. It completely glitches them out from mermaid occult.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid form disappears.
What do you expect to see? Mermaid form to stay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See attached video:

You can see me unlink the forms, randomize the eyes, and as soon as I hit the random trait button, the mermaid form disappears. This is completely vanilla folder. Mods have never even touched this folder. 

https://youtu.be/yDJoaQdCZR0

ETA: You dont' even need to unlink the forms. It still drops the mermaid occult with forms linked or unlinked. Vampires and Aliens don't drop their occult, like mermaids do. 

Message 10 of 20 (6,191 Views)