Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[NEEDS INPUT] Merging households will yield unpredictable starting funds.

by Hideus_Ex

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Merging households will yield unpredictable starting funds.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Tiny Living, Moschino, First Pet, Toddler & Kid Room's Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply take a bunch of households and merge them, the results will be unpredictable. For example I had a template I used 8 times on a household (first replaced, then merged 7 times) and I would always get 20,000 starting funds. I thought it could be a problem with using the same sim over and over again but I tried merging other singular sims for a household of 8 and it was always the same starting funds. I thought a simple for/switch case statement would fix it, however it appears played households (and with played I mean households extracted from a save file's household management, not saved from New Game) are supposed to keep their funds so it may not be as easy. After that I tried several things and would get different things. I merged two "played" households, one with about 148,000 simoleons and one with about 3,000 and somehow that gave me more or less 132,000 simoleons on a new game. I merged two "unplayed" households one with 2 and one with 3 sims, all of them added normally (with the add Sim button in CAS, not merged) both of which gave the correct amount of simoleons on a new game (22,000 for the 2 sim household and 24,000 for the 3 sim household), and would get 26,000 starting simoleons for some reason (5 should give 28,000). I found that if i took a new household, filled it with random sims, then removed them and merged in my template, I could get up to 32,000 simoleons, but it was still 2,000 short for a household of 8, so that was half of a workaround.
What happens when the bug occurs? Starting funds will be inconsistent.
What do you expect to see? 20,000 starting simoleons + 2,000 for each additional sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When using the template without the "workaround".

Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Merging households will yield unpredictable starting funds.

Hero
@Hideus_Ex There's a similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Library-Uploads-Retain-Funds-When-Combined-With/td...

To be sure I understand you correctly, yours is for combining ingame households only ? No library or gallery families involved ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Merging households will yield unpredictable starting funds.

★ Novice

No, combining any type of household will always give weird results. I just called them "played" and "unplayed" here, so households you've recovered from a save file and households saved in New Game all have this problem.

Message 3 of 3 (86 Views)