by phocusing

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Melodic voiced sims saying certain phrase too often

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons. Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Moschino, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with the "melodic" voice, then put her in a conversation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will say a certain phrase 2 to 4 times in a row sometimes. Try canceling conversation when the Melodic voiced sim is talking, they may end up saying it a few times.
What do you expect to see? I don't want to hear them saying it so often. I kind of don't want to hear it at all anymore
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15FpOq0Pc22d7D-8nr0UvDAovpqTDRDT-/view 

Here is a video of my Melodic sim saying the phrase 4 (!!!) times, a new record. Her saying it 4 times is what made me create this topic. I honestly don't know where this would go.

Message 1 of 5 (883 Views)

Re: [PS4] Melodic voiced sims saying certain phrase too often.

★★★ Apprentice
I've also had this happen, on PC. It seemed to become a problem after the Discover University patch landed.
Message 2 of 5 (729 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Melodic voiced sims saying certain phrase too often

★★ Novice

Haven't been around for a month, I'm glad a few other people have the same problem! I haven't played since I've posted because I can't stand hearing it anymore and knowing in my rotational play theres another 'melodic' sim (townie wife) with a daughter (born in game) who is almost a teen waiting for me in the next household .. I can't do it! I have so many melodic sims it's crazy.

It very well could be from the university patch that really upped the problem @RemingtonRyder !

Another voice, 'brash' I believe, also has a similar loud often heard "FAASH LIQUOR" (lol), leads me to believe there probably isn't enough recorded voice lines for variety. Hope this will get more attention and will be fixed!

If any other voices have problems please reply! My most heard/used voices are brash, clear and melodic those are the only ones I can speak for confidently, but if theres any other voice problems let them know!!

Message 3 of 5 (692 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@phocusing If you look close at the video, the sim with the melodic voice also uses the exact same animation with her arms while speaking. Obviously, there's probably a limited number of talking animations, but the same line and animation four times being used consecutively suggests that something's wrong.
Message 4 of 5 (662 Views)

★★ Novice

@RemingtonRyder yes! Thank you so much for the reply. I noticed that as well after watching. I may boot my game up if I have time to see if that particular animation is tied to the phrase. There really isn't enough variety in animations.

Message 5 of 5 (638 Views)