by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Maxed former career CAS clothes lost moving

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar, Deluxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim maxed sport career, then quit the job, place the Sim to live in the Feng apartment, and the Sim won't have sport career clothes in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I move my Sim from, say, Ophelia Villa, to live in the Feng apartment, or on the Comfy Cubby lot, she loses all of her maxed former sport career clothes in CAS when try to change the clothes. When I move her back to Ophelia Villa, the sport career clothes in CAS are back again. It probably also happens on some other lots, and with some other career clothes.
What do you expect to see? My Sim has all of the career clothes in CAS when living on any lot or apartment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 11 (2,195 Views)

Re: Maxed former career CAS clothes lost on certain lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dirty_milos Did you move the whole family or just parts of the family and maybe an other member is unlocking it ? Would be helpful if you could test if it affects other lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,148 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have moved the Sim who has maxed sport career, and should have the outfits from that career.

I will see if I have the time to test all lots.

Message 3 of 11 (2,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dirty_milos and none of the ones in the old household are still in that career ? What happens if you move the whole family or if you rejoin the career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,069 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

None of them is in the athlete career.

If I move the whole family - everything is ok. If I move just that one Sim or some of them but not all - she doesn't have athletic career clothing items in CAS, and actually none of the unlocked career clothing items, except for the business carrer. She's got almost all of the careers from my packs accomplished. She is currently in the scientist career once again.

If she rejoins the athlete career, she unlocks only the clothing items up to level 4.

Message 5 of 11 (2,047 Views)

Hero
@dirty_milos At what level did the Sim rejoin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,972 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

At level 4, because she's got Connections trait.

Message 7 of 11 (1,939 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@dirty_milos If she's at level 4 now, I can see why she doesn't get any higher clothing.

I would have thought they'd at least rejoin in the branch they were before. I do it depends how long you're out of the career at which level you rejoin but from level 10 to 4 is a big drop.

But it does explain why you only have them up to level 4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested this: Made a new TS4 folder, created one sim, placed them on lot Bargain Bend, Willow Creek. Imported a sim from Gallery, which by its description have all the career unlocked outfits, as well as others, to the household. Chose Plan Outfits on a dresser with my sim: they had access to a lot of new outfits. I don't know if all since I've never played this feature before.

I went to Manage World, Manage Household; moved out the Gallery-sim to Not In World; went back to my household. The outfits were still accessible in CAS for my, now lone sim, household.

Exited game, and then loaded save where the Gallery-sim was still added in the household. Chose Split From Household And Move Out on the mobile phone, with my sim active. Moved them to lot Streamlet Single, WC. The option to choose Unlocks category in CAS was gone, and I saw no special outfits, except the one they were already wearing (sports unlock, female).

Exited game, and from the savepoint when both sims were in the BB household I used the phone to Split From Household and Move, to Streamlet Single, with the gallery-sim. Unlocks category was gone from CAS for them, and I saw no special outfits. Loaded my first sim household on Bargain Bend: they had the Unlocks category in CAS, and I saw a lot of special outfits.

Exited game again, loaded save where they both still lived on lot BB. Moved the whole household to Streamlet Single WC (both of them, my sim and the gallery-sim), and they both had access to the Unlocks in CAS. From there I moved each one in turn into the BFF household WC, by way of the phone, and Manage World/Manage Household - and there they did not; but the one left on Streamlet Single did.

Replicated the scenario with OP's steps:
Made yet a new folder and save, made two sims, placed on Bargain Bend in WC; one entered the Athlete career, got to level 3, which has the first Unlock, the Mascot outfit. Moved them both in with the Goth's, in Ophelia Villa. All in the household had access to the mascot (except the child, for other reasons). Moved only the sport-sim out, by way of Manage Households, into the Feng's, in San Myshuno. No access to mascot outfit for either of them; but to other unlocks. Both default Feng's are high up in their respective careers of business and politics. Loaded save where my sport-sim still lived in Ophelia Villa, moved them alone by way of phone to lot Comfy Cubby, Newcrest. No access to the mascot outfit. Loaded the Goth household in that same savepoint: they all had access to it. Moved my sportsim back to the Goths's; they had yet again access to the mascot in CAS. When going into CAS, the whole household is loaded, both at Goth and at Feng's.

The Athlete career divides at level 4, into Body builder or Professional Athlete.

Workaround:
Move the whole household to which the CAS outfits are unlocked, to whatever lot will be the active one next; and then move out the household members not preferred there, back to original/a different lot. (And not the other way around - to move out the sim the player want the unlocks accessible for).

Message 9 of 11 (1,904 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your efforts and for the workaround.

I have posted this issue in order for it to be fixed, workaround is just a temporary solution, so I hope this will be solved in some of the future updates.

Message 10 of 11 (1,868 Views)