by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Keys to rotate around subject with Camera don't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, island living, city living, get famous, cats and dogs, discover university, seasons, parenthood, Strangerville, vampires, realm of magic, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, spa day, laundry day, toddler stuff, Moschino, laundry day spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the tripod or camera and trying to take a picture of a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't rotate the camera around the sim, e.g. can't get a side profile. also when clicking on the sim in camera mode, the cursor duplicates, so I can't click on the filters, only after clicking many times does this fix it.
What do you expect to see? I use the keys on my keyboard to rotate the camera around the sim so you can get different angles/profiles. And the cursor doesn't duplicate when I click on the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried removing custom content but the problem still persists, I have tried to repair the game and its still doing it 

Message 1 of 25 (1,980 Views)

Re: Can't change the camera angle Moschino camera

Hero
@hannahmurray60 Could you post a picture of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (1,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah I have attached the image which shows the two cursors, but I don't know how to show the rotation problem with the camera.

Message 3 of 25 (1,957 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed that even taking a picture with your Sims phone this can happen too, but not every time. So sometimes side panning works as normal, other times the only movement available is up/down once you are in the 'take a picture grid screen'.

(All packs to date, no cc, no mods)

Message 4 of 25 (1,947 Views)

Hero
@hannahmurray60 Are you talking about the Q/E keys ? That is a known issue that has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Camera-keys-not-working-Q-E-WASD/td-p/8536339

As for the double cursor, do you only see this in camera mode ?

@NZsimm3r: Do you mean you also see double cursors ? You're on PC, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (1,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did see that, but my understanding was that the Q and E keys make the camera go up and down. I can't seem to make it rotate, I used to be able to but I haven't played it in a while. when I tried to use the photography career (from Moschino) the camera would rotate around the sim (e.g. side profile) it would just move to the left. And yeah its only in camera mode. And no I have a Mac

Message 6 of 25 (1,928 Views)

Hero
@hannahmurray60 The question about OS was to NZsimm3r

So how did you rotate before with the keyboard ? With which keys ? It is probably the same issue though and I would post in that thread.

How often do you get the double cursor ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (1,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I’ll try In that thread and using the arrow keys, and the problem with the cursor happens every time 

Message 8 of 25 (1,873 Views)

Hero
@hannahmurray60 For me the camera just rotates around the Photographer. Can't remember it ever being different, tbh.

It doesn't go all around for some weird reason though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hannahmurray60 I asked around a bit and I know what you mean now.

@MapleSimmer found this part in the twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/464834818?t=00h34m00s

It might have to do with the qe keys, they might have broken this one as well.

I can still do it with the slider that's at the bottom. Does that not work for you either ?

Are you sure it was simply the arrow keys and you didn't have to press anything else ?

Slider.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (1,842 Views)