Re: Cannot upload Photos to Fashion Simstagram

by kaseyanne5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [MSP] Cannot upload Photos to Fashion Simstagram (Routing Failure)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL expansions, game pack and stuff packs released up to 05Sep2019.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Freelancer Career and select Fashion Photographer. Get a gig and complete photo tasks. Get photos approved by client. Put photo on the wall. Then try to upload to FASHION Simstagram under the Freelancer option on photo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim waves their hand in the air and the routing issue thought bubble comes up. And the photo cannot be uploaded.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the sim snatch the photo off the wall and upload the same way they do when they send a photo to be approved by client.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hey Happy Sim Family!

I have tried everything I know to resolve my issue.  I thought it might have been CC/MOD related, so, I did a complete 50/50.  In the end, I removed all cc/mods, deleted my localthumbcache and still no success. So, after reviewing the forums for what seemed like days, I found many possible answers but none worked (sorry if I missed a real solution, guys) and I decided to RESET THE GAME TO FACTORY SETTINGS without reinstalling per @crinrict posted instructions.  I was so scared, but did it.  Now, I have a vanilla game. I made a sim and started the career only to come right back to the same problem.  She cannot post to FASHION simstagram although she can post to regular simstagram, but that doesn't complete the goal. Although I should note that I did find out that sims will need a computer present to post, at least that is what the thought bubble said. [sigh]  I am at a complete dead-end here.  Help me my sim hommies...you're my only hope!

[Oh...tried to attach the saved sim file, but....I do not have a real clue here.  Sorry]

Message 1 of 30 (13,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [MSP] Cannot upload Photos to Fashion Simstagram (Routing Failure)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Can anyone having this issue possibly share a save file with me? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 19 of 30 (10,760 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@charmbird25 Do you have the photo on the wall or in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (13,463 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. I get the photo back after it's approved, put it on the wall, select Freelancer > Post Photo to Fashion Simstagram, and then my sim does the thing where they say they can't do the action, with the thought bubble, the x and the step symbols, waving around about it. 

Message 3 of 30 (13,439 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I put the photo back into my sims inventory and clicked on it from there and it worked 

Message 4 of 30 (13,438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't get the option in my inventory. Only when it's on a wall. 

Message 5 of 30 (13,430 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict All photos are on the wall.
Message 6 of 30 (13,399 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also have noticed my sim throw up his arms when I try to do this so I tried moving the photo around.  The first place I did it was a faux 'chimney' I built so the sim couldn't get to the other side and he couldn't do it there.  The second place I put it was on an outside wall (it was off the balcony) and there was space on the other side and he still couldn't do it there.  I then put it on an inside wall and the sim went to the other side and then was able to 'reach' the photo for the posting (which essentially put it in their inventory and then they went and posted it on the computer. 

So it does seem like there are locations that the sim can't complete the interaction from since two of the three options I used didn't work. 

Note for me this is since the Sept 5/19 update, ie I'm on game version PC 1.55.105.1020no mods/custom content in my game which was repaired after today's update and localthumbcache file was deleted. That said, I had never got a photo back before the update so I can't say whether or not this is new. Standard smile

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 30 (13,371 Views)

★ Novice
@charmbird25 I am having the same issue as well I have tried on the wall as well as putting the photo in my inventory and attempting to upload it via the computer under the freelance bubble. Still not working my sim will do it but the picture never leaves inventory and I cannot complete my jobs.
Message 8 of 30 (13,364 Views)

Hero
Seems there's currently two issues with this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MSP-Cant-upload-approved-photos-to-fashion-simstagram/td-... where the option is grey and the routing failure.

Couldn't duplicate either but currently don't have the time to look into it further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (13,347 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Cannot upload Photos to Fashion Simstagram (Routing Fail

★★★ Novice

I seem to have a similar problem. I do get the fotos back just fine. Before the latest patch I could not put those to fashion simstagram, it was greyed out. And it said the approved foto must be in the inventory, ven though it was.

Now since the patch I get the option on the computer to put the foto to simstagram. My sim sits down on the computer and does this, I even get a notification saying something like: What a beatiful foto 140 people liked it. Or something like this.

But still the work assaignment does not get completed. It still says I have to put the foto on fashion simstagram.

I tried this from the inventory and the wall. And I canceled the gig and got a new one. Still no help. I even put everything else he had in his wifes inventory so that there is only the foto. And I tried the other simstagram as well, the one that is not called fashion simstagram. That does not complete it as well.

I have no mods and most of the packs (missing three stuff packs). And my sims live in a house.

I feel like my sim must get a new job since only his wifes income cannot pay the bills. Wink

Message 10 of 30 (13,296 Views)