Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Can't Complete Photograph for Lights! Camera! Fashion! G

by LathyrusLoon

Original Post

[MSP] Can't Complete Photograph for Lights! Camera! Fashion! Gig

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moshino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? The gig does not complete the take a photograph in the fashion pose task.
What do you expect to see? The gig to complete the task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Steps to finding the bug

1. Have a Sim join the freelance photography gig
  2. Have a Sim gain photography level 4
  3. Have the sim purchase a camera, lights, tripod, subject mark
  4. Have the Sim ask another Sim to pose on the subject mark
  5. Put the camera with the tripod on it close enough to take a picture of the Sim
  6. Put the camera light so it will appear in the photograph
  7. Take a picture of the subject on the mark in the fashion pose

Edit By Crinrict: removed outdated tag.

Message 1 of 6 (2,414 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Can't Complete Photograph for Lights! Camera! Fashion! G

★★ Guide

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem. 

Message 2 of 6 (2,088 Views)

★ Apprentice
@canelacaliente Still having this problem
Message 3 of 6 (1,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried a bunch of things before I got it to work. I first only had two of the same kind of standing light from the Moschino package, but then I added the other standing light I didn't have, and then it worked for me. So might be you need both lights, or one of them (the larger one).

Message 4 of 6 (1,707 Views)

Cannot Get the Game to Recognize Photo of Sim in Fashion Pose...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever the newest version is. It auto-updates
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess you do what I did. I own the curved fashion back-drop. I have the mark placed just in front of it. I own two lights; both point at the mark. They light-up my subject beautifully. The camera tripod is set in front of the mark, about twice as far from the mark as the mark is from the back-drop. An in-game camera is placed on the tripod. The camera is facing the mark. I click on the mark, and click for a sim to pose, after I've set-up their clothing. They go to the mark. I click the tripod and choose to photograph the subject standing on the mark. I take the photos. In spite of having tried this some 9 or 10 times, that task is never checked off. I even sent a photo to the client, who approved it. However, the job cannot be successfully completed without that task being checked off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. That is the point. It does not check off the task to take a photo of a sim in a fashion pose in front of a fashion back-drop.
What do you expect to see? That the game checks off the task to take a photo of a sim in a fashion pose in front of a fashion back-drop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had never tried to use this functionality, so I have no idea when it might have been broken. I have done extensive research, and found that there have been many issues with this. 

Following the advice of many sights, I build together the photography studio, chose clothes for my sims, had them pose, and took pictures of the subjects on the mark. This job is Estella Landgraab Fashions. I don't know if maybe the gig itself is bugged? Please note that I tried 3 sims, who were at my home, then even hired a model, which is how Lou came into the picture, literally. None of my photoshoots have produced the result of checking off that task.

What am I missing? Or is this truly a bug?

The attached images show my set-up and the posed sim, although the in-game picture only shows the sim and the back-drop.

Message 5 of 6 (889 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

l will try deleting one of the matching lights and buying the other one. I have to say though, EA should fix this, because that makes no sense, expecially since my job does not require any lights.

Message 6 of 6 (796 Views)