by xmbryox

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [MOO RELATED] Wall Object Moving With Stairs

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Build/Buy mode; place stairs against any wall; place wall object on the other side of the wall to the stairs e.g. decor, upper counters, window/door (on MOO); select stairs and move them anywhere; object moves attached to the stair case wall or is moved to household inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any wall object on the other side of the wall to a staircase will move with the stairs when the stairs are moved or will be placed in household inventory.
What do you expect to see? Movement of stairs should not affect objects in adjacent rooms. They should not move with the stairs or be placed in the inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (2,161 Views)

Windows/doors stuck to stairs

★★★★★ Novice

Has this happened to anyone else.  If I have bb.moveobjects on and place a stair next to a window or door, the window/door is then attached to the stairs instead of the wall. I've never had this happen before. Its not really a problem just strange.  I have no mods or cc in game. I tried to see if there was already a thread for this but didn't see anything so if there is lmk. Thanks in advanced!

Message 2 of 5 (2,113 Views)

Re: Windows/doors stuck to stairs

Hero

@xmbryox  Yes, I have seen that.  It happens because the window and stairs cannot be placed in the same space (floor tiles) normally without MOO.  You can make it work with MOO but then odd things will happen like you will go into build mode later and one of them, usually the window, will have disappeared and you have to put it back.  You'll also see things like the just the frame of a door or window is visible.  Clicking on it usually fixes that though.  And if you save the build to your library and then try to place it, things will go missing altogether.  It's best to try to design your builds to avoid those situations.  

Message 3 of 5 (2,065 Views)

Hero
@xmbryox Going to merge this with a similar report.

Are you on Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,034 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I’m now having this issues since the last update and it’s never happened before. 

Message 5 of 5 (654 Views)