by unseenlarks

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [MHSP] "Ask question about movie's plot" to Sim who didn't watch

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? watch a film with a Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? the interaction "ask question about movie's plot" shows up when clicking on a Sim who didn't watch it.
What do you expect to see? only the Sim who watched it with us should be able to answer that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i had a Sim travel to visit a neighbour, and they watched a film. when the Sim returned to her house, i clicked on a housemate to start a chat, and i noticed that "ask question about movie's plot" showed up as a potential interaction. the Sim in question wasn't at the neighbour's and didn't watch the film. there is no TV in the active household.

2017-12-20_36.jpg

it also happens with Sims who are in the neighbour's house, but doing something else and not even in the same room. it might not be a bug, but it doesn't make sense to me--something like "recommend film X" or "criticise film Y" would. (should this be feedback?) thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (869 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [MHSP] "Ask question about movie's plot" to Sim who didn

Champion

It's always been that way for me. Don't know if it wasn't meant to be like that.

Message 2 of 5 (822 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [MHSP] "Ask question about movie's plot" to Sim who didn

★★ Expert
maybe it's not that important and i'm making a big deal out of it. -_-
i just... really wanted Sim 1 to be able to tell Sim 2 about the film, not ask *them* about it. it's odd. unless they reply with "i haven't seen that one yet!" Wink
Message 3 of 5 (815 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [MHSP] "Ask question about movie's plot" to Sim who didn'

Community Manager (retired)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or the intended design, but I've filed a report and intend to find out, thanks much Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5 (765 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [MHSP] "Ask question about movie's plot" to Sim who didn'

★★ Expert
thank you, @SimGuruNick!
Message 5 of 5 (748 Views)