[OPEN] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

by samsmomie24

Original Post

Hedgehog dies out of starvation but lives.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes, not regulary
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats&Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vinitage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddlers Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having an Hedgehog?
What happens when the bug occurs? It says, that my hedgehog died out of starvation, but when I look, hes happily alive. I feed him regularary, and evytime I look, he has fodder. Also after this meesage appears, all my Sims are Sad because "a baby was taken away". I only have a Grow up, a Teen a Kid, a cat and tat hedgehog. theres no Baby in our House.
What do you expect to see? Not beeing sad about a non existing baby taken away, because of a non existing starvation of my Hedgehog :D
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Maybe
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got  a new Laptop and installed TS4 freshly new. Ysterday I bought Laundry Day and Toddlers Stuff, bu I can't say, if this is the problem. This is my first Hedgehog on this new Laptop. On my old PC, i had'nt had any issues.

I hope you can understand my englisch well enough to know what my issue is Standard smile
Thanks for Help!

Message 11 of 47 (1,312 Views)

Re: Hedgehog dies out of starvation but lives.

Hero
@Amuto1 Merging this with existing report although others have said the pet died for them (although fed)

Does sound like the same root cause though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (1,292 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me a link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 47 (1,251 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't had this issue in a really long time. 

Message 14 of 47 (1,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also. I am not sure how to share a save file. But if you walk me through it I can. 

Message 15 of 47 (1,236 Views)

Hero
@samsmomie24 Did you check out the link above ?

Here's instructions how you can find the correct save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 47 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh my gosh. I was in a checkout line with I saw this and totally missed the link!! I'm so sorry! 

Message 17 of 47 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 50% of the time
What is your current game version number? I don't know how to get this information. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a hamster
Steps:  Get a My First Pet animal and play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs?
 It gives you a VERY SAD moodlet and says "Baby Whisked Away" but no baby has been whisked away. It also says that your hamster passed away from Starvation but he's there, happy and healthy. 
What do you expect to see? None of these messages and moodlets should be happening. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use a lot of CC/Mods, but I did uninstall them to TEST and had the same issue.  Including screenshots of both. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nifty Knitting
Please describe the patch or change you made: I have seen this issue since installing Nifty Knitting, I also ran the "Repair Game" option.

Message 18 of 47 (1,103 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

★ Novice

i get the baby whisked away followed by the hamster died of starvation all the time for no reason, not a single baby get whisked away and my hamster is alive and well but my entire family is sad and thats annoying me because it happen almost every a couple of weeks (in game)

Message 19 of 47 (1,034 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

Hero
@lianeta21 Could you send your save to Nick as per instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-MFPSP-Healthy-Small-Pet-die-from-neglect-Wrong/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 47 (1,027 Views)