Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MAC] Windenburg flora looks weird on low settings

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a save file and play in a household (or use build mode) in the Windenburg Ancient Ruins, Countryside, or Island with low graphics (I have included pictures of the Windenburg Island below).
What happens when the bug occurs? Grasses and wildflowers outside of build/buy mode range will appear to be green/tan blocks. They looked like grass and flowers on low settings before the November 12 patch.
What do you expect to see? Non-blocky grass and flora.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 12, 2019 patch

One of the Windenburg Island beaches

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.48.16 PM 2.png

Another picture blocky grasses on the Windenburg Island

11-12-19_3:53:35 PM.png

My game graphics settings

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.54.26 PM.png

I hope this could be changed. It's pretty immersion-breaking to have normal-looking everything else and suddenly grass that looked like it came from Minecraft!

Message 1 of 35 (2,320 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MAC] Windenburg flora looks weird on low settings

Hero

Fixed a graphic issue that could occur on Mac with some Intel graphics cards that caused plants in Windenburg to appear blocky when in Laptop Mode.
- So if you are on a Mac, with an intel graphics card, and you are in laptop mode, and you are playing in Windenburg… we got you covered.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (2,273 Views)

All Replies

Re: World flora looks weird on low settings after Nov 12 2019 patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: It seems this is only affecting the Windenburg countryside, island, and ruins. I've done a quick check of the other worlds (Willow Creek, Newcrest, Oasis Springs) and everything appears as it did on low graphics pre-patch.

World flowers and grasses look weird/blocky in both the Windenburg island and countryside

The flowers in the back are in the 'world'. The daisies in the front were placed on a residential lot by me.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.47.33 PM.png

Message 2 of 35 (2,251 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Lyoufln It does look a bit like the issues reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Graphics-issues-on-Low-Distance-settings/td-p/79...

Could you check if it gets better if you just change the distance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (2,239 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict Standard smile

I changed my view distance to "Low," but it seems that the problem still persists.

(these were both taken on the Windenburg Island in the same save file)

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.40.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.41.18 PM.png

Message 4 of 35 (2,222 Views)

Hero
@Lyoufln Sorry for the misunderstanding. You need to set the distance to something other than low and leave everything else on low.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict 

Oops! I tried it again. This time, all my settings are set to "Low" except for distance. Unfortunately, the plants are still looking pretty blocky.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.54.16 PM.png

(settings I used for this picture)

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.54.42 PM.png

Message 6 of 35 (2,212 Views)

Hero
@Lyoufln OK. I will try this in my game tomorrow. It's getting a bit late here :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (2,209 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you for your help! Standard smile
Message 8 of 35 (2,206 Views)

Hero

I tested this in my game with the exact settings you had in your first post and it looks fine for me

11-13-19_8-26-38 AM.png

What kind of graphics card do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (2,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictIt's "Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB"

Up until the patch, the grasses in my game looked just like the grasses in  your screenshot.

Message 10 of 35 (2,148 Views)