by Skullah11

Original Post

[OPEN] Thought bubbles from sims not on active lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work Get Famous Get Together Cats and Dogs City Living Discover University Parenthood Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you click a household to play and get into the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing a household thought bubbles from Sims not in that active lot are appearing. For example if I am at home I can see lots of little thought bubbles on the couch, or on the fridge for Sims that are walking outside or past the house. my screen gets cluttered with though bubbles.
What do you expect to see? Only thought bubbles for Sims on my active lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has never happened before, random thought bubbles from sims not on my active lot will appear. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, merged another thread with 18 me toos.

Message 1 of 47 (4,959 Views)

Re: Thought bubbles from sims not on active lot

Hero
@Skullah11 Could you post a picture of this ?

Did you delete your localthumbcache file after removing your mods ? Did you remove all mods/cc as in your mods folder is empty except resoruce.cfg ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (4,917 Views)

★★ Novice

They don't appear when I take a screenshot. I have completely uninstalled all games and deleted all mods and CC from my Mac as I don't really use them anyway and its still happening. 

You can see them moving in the animation that a Sim walks. It's very frustrating to have random floating thought bubbles going across my lot. 

Message 3 of 47 (4,902 Views)

Hero
@Skullah11 Coudl you maybe take a picture with your phone ? There are a few mac issues so that would help immensely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (4,895 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s the best I could manage to capture. They stay in for a few seconds then another one pops up somewhere else. 

Message 5 of 47 (4,891 Views)

Hero
@Skullah11 That indeed is rather strange. Thanks for the pictures.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (4,871 Views)

Tiny Thought Bubbles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

While playing one of my saves I could see a bunch of tiny thought bubbles on the floors and walls. I looked and they were from all the sims walking around outside the apartment but I've never seen them before. I apologize if someone has already asked about this problem but I couldn't find anything, if anyone could help out I would be very grateful.

Thanks Standard smile

Message 7 of 47 (4,880 Views)

Re: Tiny Thought Bubbles

@BananaKitten16  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 47 (4,867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Standard smile

Message 9 of 47 (4,859 Views)

Hero
@BananaKitten16 Like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Thought-bubbles-from-sims-not-on-active-lot/td-p/8... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (4,831 Views)