by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [MAC] Skin details removed from sims in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every Game Pack except Vampires and Realm of Magic, most Stuff Packs except Tiny Living, Moschino, First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden, Spooky stuff and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into a saved game and go into CAS with any played sims or sims that have skin details and they won't be wearing them anymore
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I go into CAS to with my played sims or sims that I edit in the world, their skin details (skins, tattoos, etc) no longer show up on them. The skin details appear just fine while playing households but disappear only when I try to edit them in CAS.
What do you expect to see? Skin details appear on sims that I previously created in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occurred after the most recent patch for Tiny Living

This issue is reminiscent of a bug that occurred with MAC users just a few months ago. There was a patch and it was fixed but after the most recent update, I am having that same problem again. I've taken out mods and cc, repaired my game, tried the 50/50 method, anything I could think of and the bug is still there.

Message 1 of 4 (988 Views)

Re: Skin details removed from sims in CAS

Hero
@Tayy808 To be sure, when you go to CAS, it's removed completely and then you don't see it in Live mode anymore either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (969 Views)

★ Novice

Yes all of the skin details and tattoos are no longer applied on the sims. I could reapply them to each Sim and each outfit but that would take a lot of time. If I exit CAS without saving, the details will still show up in Live mode. However, if I were to save the changes without reapplying everything that was removed, they will not show in Live mode.

Message 3 of 4 (965 Views)

Hero
@Tayy808 OK. I'll check with a Mac helper if they also see this again or if there's even a new thread in the mac forum.

Tagging for now but might merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (961 Views)