by sushicrow

Original Post

[OPEN] Loves Outdoors no longer gives moodlet when outdoors/indoors too long

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim or use a sim that has the "Loves Outdoors" trait. Take the sim outdoors.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you take a sim outside that has the "Loves Outdoors" trait, they no longer gain the "Fresh Air!" happy moodlet.
What do you expect to see? The "Fresh Air! happy moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the June 3 patch.

I removed all my mods prior to starting up the game and went into a fresh save. First, I used a sim I already created prior to the patch that had the trait and noticed the problem. Then, in the same save, I tried with a premade sim (Dennis Kim) and he too didn't get the moodlet.

Finally, I deleted that save, logged off, deleted localthumbcache, restarted the game, and opened a new save with a freshly created sim with the trait. Still no moodlet.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,342 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Loves Outdoors no longer gives "Fresh Air!" moodlet

★ Guide

I have the same problem. Sims traits are Loves the Outdoors, Perfectionist and Altletic, lives in San Myshuno. My sim was outdoors for 12 sim hours consecutively, in the same map. Never got a happy moodlet for being outdoors.

I've tested in San Myshuno and Oasis Springs. An odd thing happened in Oaisi Springs. My sim went to that big park in the center of town and got a +1 to Happy moodlet, but it was the kind of moodlet that a sim gets from being indoors around high-end objects, like paintings, et.al. The buff icon with the one with the picture frame. Another oddity was that the buff was on a timer and my sim only received this moodlet while standing near the pond that's closest to where the toilets live.

I removed all Mods/ CC before updating to the 1.63 patch, repaired the game, deleted my cache. Brand new game and brand new sim.

The tense moodlet for being inside too long and tense moodlet removal from going outside from being inside too long works fine

Message 2 of 20 (3,280 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I noticed this issue today with a brand new game and sim. The negative Cooped Up moodlet appears when inside for too long, but no matter how long my Loves the Outdoors sim is outside the Fresh Air one never shows up. 

Message 3 of 20 (3,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A question for all: Do you have Eco Lifestyle installed?

A quick investigation shows that this issue does not appear with Eco Lifestyle installed. This is because the eco footprint tests fail without the pack.

Message 4 of 20 (3,191 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3d wrote:

A question for all: Do you have Eco Lifestyle installed?

A quick investigation shows that this issue does not appear with Eco Lifestyle installed. This is because the eco footprint tests fail without the pack.

I'm experiencing this issue and do not own Eco Lifestyle.

Message 5 of 20 (3,166 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this as well. No matter where I make my outdoorsy Sims stand, or how long I have them stay outside, they don't get this moodlet anymore.

Message 6 of 20 (3,146 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, I don't have Eco Lifestyle. Thank you for the bit of insight!

Message 7 of 20 (3,144 Views)

★★ Novice

Also experiencing this issue. dont have eco

Message 8 of 20 (3,016 Views)

Loves the Outdoors Buffs Completely Broken

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a sim with Loves the Outdoors trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? You sim doesn't get Negative bufff for being Inside too long and doesn't get postive buff for being outside.
What do you expect to see? The buffs to happen when they are supposed to happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.65

Loves the Outdoors trait is complete toast now. Priot to patch 1.65 to trait was partially broken (no Postivie buff for outside), buI at least got the Negative buff for being inside. After patch 1.65, my sim doesn't get the Negative buff anymore.

Removed all mods, cleared cache, updated Origin, reparied game, cleared Origin cache and made a pot of tea I wish was coffee.

Message 9 of 20 (2,894 Views)

Re: Loves the Outdoors Buffs Completely Broken

★★★★ Expert

@sushicrow  For how long sim-time did you keep your sim inside?

Message 10 of 20 (2,891 Views)