Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Lovelorn Moodlet without romantic trait

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Normal game play.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims get the tense (Lovelorn) moodlet even though they don’t have the romantic trait.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn’t get moodlets from traits they don’t have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has happened over multiple saves since December 2018 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (2,682 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lovelorn Moodlet without romantic trait

Hero
@Audylittlen This is an older issue that has been mentioned before. Currently unsure if we have a separate thread somewhere so I might merge this later.

The patch number you gave is not the latest patch though so if you're not updated, could you update your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,631 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the latest patch installed, as well as all existing packs. I played the game all day, yesterday and I noticed the same thing. Almost all of my sims get tensed from being lovelorn several times in a sim day, except the toddlers and children.

Message 3 of 11 (2,622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimonSofa I have the same thing. This bug exists allready for a very long time. I think even before the vampire pack came out. It has never been fixed. littleMsSam has a bugfix for it. I am using this because If i don't have the bugfix in my mods, the Lovelorn moodlet is back again even if she doesn't have the romantic trait.
Message 4 of 11 (2,601 Views)

★★★ Guide
Just wanted to mention that my sims also get tense from Lovelorn, even without the Romantic trait. I dare say the non-romantic get tense more often. I usually play young adults, so this is the age group I notice most.

Latest patch, all packs. I've seen this at least a year, maybe even 2. Hard to tell since I have a difficult time remembering things.
Message 5 of 11 (2,577 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,547 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Lovelorn Moodlet without romantic trait

★ Guide

There's a mod the hides the LoveLorn buff on Mod The Sims by Manderz0630

Message 7 of 11 (2,531 Views)

★ Guide

In the meantime, you can download the Random Bug Fixes by LittleMs'Sam. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue but for the creative trait in my game. A lot of my sims seem get the feeling uncreative moodlet and inspired moodlet despite not having the creative trait. I know this can happen if you try to re-trait sims, especially with the re-trait potion, but it seems to also happen to sims that, to my knowledge, never have had the trait. 

Edit: @Marquillotuca89 Thank you so much for that tip! I'm downloading it asap!

Message 9 of 11 (2,241 Views)

★ Guide

One method to fix this is to remove one trait via cheat with "traits.remove_trait (trait)".

Then you add the "wrong" trait (from which you get the wrong buff) with "traits.equip_trait (trait)"

And then you remove the "wrong" trait. It should not appear anymore then.

This issue occurs if you edit the traits in CAS with cas.fulleditmode, because you remove / add traits in CAS, but only visually.

The cheat method is the method to also get rid of the "wrong" moodlets for the traits which the sim does not have anymore.

Message 10 of 11 (2,189 Views)