My edited and unedited lots are disappearing when I load them up

by Clayee10

Original Post

Re: Lots randomly revert back to defaults

Hero
@BenignSnail Since I think it's the same issue as the houses disappearing completely, after it happened saves are not useful, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 63 (1,748 Views)

My edited and unedited lots are disappearing when I load them up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Since the August '20 update my custom lots have been disappearing, but my game started bugging after the July update too (my sims not listening to my commands and doing other things instead)
What happens when the bug occurs? Any lots I've edited or built from scratch revert back to their usual, base game model on the map and then when I click on it and the lot loads up its empty. Also some of my 'built from scratch lots' are showing up on the map and then disappearing when I load onto the lot. The other bug is that when I ask my sims to do something and they have tasks lined up they'll just do their own thing instead every time, this happened after the July update.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the lots I've built and not an empty lot. All my custom lots are starting to disappear and most of them I don't have saved in my gallery Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 8/18/2020, Update 7/23/2020

On the main menu map the Quarry building shows up and then I click it and the lot is empty (I haven't made any edits to this lot yet I just moved my sims in)

Message 12 of 63 (1,706 Views)

Lot Reverting Back to Original Form After Reloading onto Lot

★★★★ Novice

I am having an issue where my lots are deleting items after my sim leaves and comes back after going to a different lot. I remodeled a house for my sim, left the lot with them to go to a different lot, came back and the entire lot reverted back to it's original form. I'm having this issue in all of my saves with apartments and regular lots. My game is currently up to date, I've repaired it, and removed mods - this same thing persists. It's to the point now where if I edit a lot I cannot leave the lot with my sim or reload back into the game if I want the lot to stay as is, otherwise once I leave or reload back into the game the lot has deleted all the items that I have added. I have tried creating a completely new save, loading my sim onto a lot, adding a few items, having my sim travel to another lot then return back to their home lot and everything I added before hand is gone. This occurs whether I add a few items or completely bulldoze the lot and build a new house, the lot will revert back to it's original form. I have also tested this bug by building from the edit world tab and when reloading back into the household the lot still revert backs to it's original form which is usually whatever original lot came with the game. 

Message 13 of 63 (1,677 Views)

Re: Lot Reverting Back to Original Form After Reloading onto Lot

Hero
@DomCain97 Do you save your game before travelling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 63 (1,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this error too, no matter how much I save, my house returns to the base game form in the first place. 

Message 15 of 63 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xLaurentia that sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Lots-randomly-revert-back-to-defaults/m-p/8926178

Not sure if it's the same for OP as they say it just removes the stuff they added.

It could be all the same and is probably related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 63 (1,570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've tested saving and then reloading back into the lot and the lot still will revert back to the original.

Message 17 of 63 (1,557 Views)

Lots in non-Base Game worlds reset to their default state

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Dream Home Decorator, Perfect Patio, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Blooming Rooms, Bust the Dust, Carnaval Streetwear, Country Kitchen, Courtyard Oasis, Decor to the Max, Fashion Street, Incheon Arrivals, Industrial Loft, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unsure since I didn't realize the bug until a couple of days later.
What happens when the bug occurs? The worlds non-base game worlds get reverted to their original, default state. If any houses or apartments have been modified or built in any of the worlds, they go back to being an empty lot if it was originally empty, or go back to the default house/apartment as if it were a fresh new save file. Base game worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Spring and Newcrest) were unaffected.
What do you expect to see? The worlds not be factory reset on their own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I apologize in advance that this is going to be extremely unhelpful to the devs or anyone reading this, but the issue is that I truly didn't notice the bug had affected my game until a while ago. I know it happened a few days ago though because it reset all my builds to the default ones, except for the builds I had started after the bug had occurred. I was unaware the bug had happened and was renovating the Karaoke Legends' apartment in San Myshuno. After I was done with it, I decided to go back to finish renovating the Bjergsen house in Windenburg, only to realize it had gone back to the default Bjergsen house. The last time I had worked on that house I was around 80% done with the renovations but decided to work on other houses instead. That was around 3 or 4 days ago, the last time I saw that house. Today I went back to it and it had reset to the default house, all of my modifications were gone.

TL;DR: Started renovating the Bjergsen house with only base game and Get Together installed (no mods), that was before the bug happened. Paused the project to renovate Karaoke Legends' apartment using only base game and City Living (no mods), that was after the bug happened because the apartment is intact. I built another smaller house in StrangerVille using many packs and CC as well, I know it was after the bug had happened, because the house was unaffected and is still there. Non-base game worlds were NOT affected by this game and I still have the house renovations I did to those worlds. Only worlds introduced by expansion and game packs were reset to their default state.

I use CC and some mods most of the time, unless doing limited pack renovations, as well as James Turner's Disable Packs script, but I removed everything and tried loading the save file again after reopening the game. Nothing changed. I don't use any CC or mod that affects the save files, to my knowledge, but I can provide a list if needed.

I know the game autosaves the last 5 save files, but I already checked the oldest autosave and sadly the save had already been bugged by that point in time, since I couldn't find any of my builds in it either. So sadly, everything is gone. I don't have any screenshots or videos to share, but I can provide my house renovations save file if needed.

Message 18 of 63 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DomCain97 Same as this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Lots-randomly-revert-back-to-defaults/m-p/8926178 ? I noticed that you originally posted in that thread and then deleted your post to make your own.

If it's the same, it's better to keep to one thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 63 (1,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I did try to post in that thread but the forum kept telling me it was having troubling posting my reply, on my end it never showed that it was posted. Sorry, but yes I am essentially having the same issue. I've created new saves without any mods and all lots that I try to edit revert back to the original immediately after reloading into the lot. 

Message 20 of 63 (1,528 Views)