by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Lots randomly revert back to defaults

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The SIms 4:Vintage Glamour The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not Sure. Only replicated once.
What happens when the bug occurs? I save and exit the game. When I go back in the save has random lots converted back to their original. Example: Brindleton Bay the big lot goes back to Hound's Head. The lot doesn't disappear it is just now Hound's Head again.
What do you expect to see? The new lot I placed from the gallery before the save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed 2/4/20 patch (Unsure if related but correlates to the time the problem started)

Just as a note, all households were removed in this save. 

I replicated this once when I had to remove all cc/mods and put them back in. At which point the same houses reverted back to their originals. However this is now the second time and no mods or cc were in the lot that reverted back. And no changes were made to my mod folder. Other houses that did have cc remained the same as the ones I had put in from the gallery.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 63 (4,050 Views)

Re: Lots randomly revert back to defaults

Hero
@BenignSnail And you're sure you didn't start a new save by accident ? Is it just the houses that reverted back or also the families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 63 (3,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same save and all of my other placed lots are there. I was working with all sims evicted so not sure about the families.

Message 3 of 63 (3,970 Views)

Hero
@BenignSnail If it was a one time thing it's probably very hard to duplicate.

So you removed the families earlier than that session ? My question was basically if they were back in their houses (aka also reverted back). But that of course only applies if it was the same session.

To be sure, did you change the houses in the play session they reverted back or did they just randomly revert back although you have changed them ages ago ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (3,939 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@BenignSnail Tagging to see my question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 63 (3,903 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I don't access the computer regularly. They were replaced ages ago and suddenly revert bag after logging into the game. This is the only time it has happened so I understand it may not be solveable. But to put the information out there, the families were removed but did not get reverted back when the lot did. The lot traits I added also remained the same. Only the build changed.

Message 6 of 63 (3,874 Views)

Hero

Do you still have any of the automatic backups to see if those still work ?

Best is to backup your saves folder, then recover some of the old ones to see if it's the same: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

It could be related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/4620279 

Did some revert to empty lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 63 (3,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried loading an earlier save and working off that but eventually the same thing happened. I am going to just write down which lots I used and start over with a new save. Thank you for the help!

Message 8 of 63 (3,792 Views)

Hero

If you can duplicate the issue on a backup, would you mind sharing the backup ?

QA is still looking for saves from before it starts happening on the other thread and if this is related, it would be good to have your save too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 63 (3,765 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just have the save from after it happened on the backup because I hadn't realized the issue was present while working on another town. If you would like the after-it-happened backup then how do I share that?

Message 10 of 63 (3,714 Views)