Re: Lights don't come on in rooms that have stairs.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Lights don't come on in rooms that have stairs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living. Realm of magic. Get famous. Seasons. Get To Work. Cats and Dogs. Outdoor retreat. Dine Out. Parenthood. Spa Day. Laundry Stuff pack. Kids room stuff pack. Bowling stuff pack. Discover University. Perfect Patio. Cool Kitchen. Get Together. Holiday celebration pack. City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into build mode and adding stairs to a room with lights.
What happens when the bug occurs? Am having a glitch in the sims 4. Whenever I add stairs to a room the lights go off. I tried to put the lights back on by clicking on them and pressing turn all lights on. But this did not work. I tried adding different stairs but it still did not work. I also fixed my game in origin and that also unfortunately did not fix the issue. This happens anytime I add stairs to a room. The lights suddenly go off and the room goes dark and the lights wont come back on unless I remove the stairs. Not sure if this might be a bug. Please help. Thank you :-)
What do you expect to see? For me to add stairs to any room in my sims house and the lights stay on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help. Thank you :-)

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Edit by Crinrict: Added Version Number

Message 1 of 16 (8,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Lights don't come on in rooms that have stairs

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,102 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@staceysimsgirl Do you have this issue on every lot you play or only a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (8,431 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this too. At a guess I would say stairs count as their own sort-of-room, as i had Sims standing on the top of the stairs, lights didn't go on, the stepped forward, lights did come on.

Message 3 of 16 (8,424 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Any lot ?

This has been an issue on the honeydew fields lot. Not sure if it's fixed with the other fix they made so I'm curious if it's related

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Lighting-does-not-work-in-some-rooms-The-Honeyd...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (8,417 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've notice this dose not happen on every lot only certain ones. :-)
Message 5 of 16 (8,393 Views)

Hero
@staceysimsgirl Could you make a list ? Maybe it has to do with the ones that have uneven territory

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (8,387 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict no, it was on the Hindquarter Hideaway lot

Message 7 of 16 (8,362 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict One of the lots this happens on is Inner Circle in Del soy valley the town that came with get famous. Its also happened on other lots too but I don't remember their original names because I rebuilt on them.
Message 8 of 16 (8,346 Views)

Hero
@staceysimsgirl Going to tag this as needs input. Maybe others can put some more names.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions how to find it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (8,310 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict My game version is 1.62.67.1020 :-)
Message 10 of 16 (8,287 Views)