Re: Families Uploaded to the Library Retain Household Fund When Combined With Ot

by Sentinel_VX

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Library Uploads Retain Funds When Combined With Others in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the last four most recent stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upload a family to my library and then download the uploaded family to any existing family with household edit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The edited existing family will receive the uploaded family fund after saving the edit even after all the members are removed before saving the household edit.
What do you expect to see? The edited family should not receive any fund since the families in my library don't have any indication how much fund they have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure whether this is intended or not though. It's funny though since if you just place the uploaded families from my library directly they will only have the 20k fund but when they are downloaded to other existing family in the world they will somehow retain the amount of family fund when they were uploaded in my library. You can't even check the fund in my library anyway.

Message 1 of 8 (748 Views)

Re: Families Uploaded to the Library Retain Household Fund When Combined With Ot

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sentinel_VX Does sound like a bug, especially since it doesn't happen if you don't do it through CAS but combine them on the map.

Does it only happen in the library or the gallery as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (736 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I only accidentally discovered it when I download and combined a family from my library to any existing family in the world through household edit. I also deleted the added sims after combining them before saving the edit as I was only after the outfit unlock.
Message 3 of 8 (718 Views)

Hero

@Sentinel_VX @crinrict 

This might be related to another user's problem that I was helping her with a couple of weeks ago.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the DU change on moves where they added the ability to transfer funds between households as she never had any problems reported before that feature was added.  She makes a lot of sims and uploads then to the gallery and people were complaining that when her sims were downloaded into the game that they had little or no money and couldn't be placed on any lot.  While I was trying to help her, I discovered a number of oddities about how it works but there are definitely differences in how the game treats household funds depending on whether you use merge or replace in CAS and if you create a new household yourself.  I found that you get different amounts depending on how you do it.  Here's a link to that thread.  

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-downloaded-from-my-gallery-catalog-do-not-hav... 

In the end, we developed a way for her to tell her users how to get her sims placed in the game through using a couple of the cheats.  Before that, I had never realized that funds were even attached to households in the gallery or the library.  Evidently they are though.  

Message 4 of 8 (697 Views)

Hero
@CGrant56 This only happens when you place a family into an existing family in CAS though.

There's def still issues with the money though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (689 Views)

Hero

@crinrict  I did try that way.  When I was testing, I tried every combination of sims that I could think of:  newly created, premades both from the library and lots, downloaded gallery sims, sims from my library, both never played and saved from an earlier game, downloaded directly into CAS and my library.

The money amounts were all over the place.  Even doing the same thing twice gave me different money amounts on some of them.  Nothing seemed to be consistent or predicatable.

It's not game breaking but certainly doesn't happen as one might expect.

Message 6 of 8 (679 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@CGrant56 In my case the fund added to the existing household in the world is always the same. It's whatever amount the household has when I saved it to my library.
Message 7 of 8 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't know if it is related, but it sounds related:

- when I make a story based household of more than one person, they usually have more than normal funds associated with the story

- CAS automatically saves a copy of this when you exit CAS for playing the household

- the (unplayed) CAS-autosaved household never has the funds that were associated with the story, but the members do retain their jobs (I'd expect the higher funds tbh)

- saved played households generally keep their funds (or at least I haven't noticed any money issues with this myself)

Message 8 of 8 (620 Views)