Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Less toddler interactions the more they interact

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toddler without the Charmer trait interacts with a new toddler. The interaction options become more and more limited after several Talk to Stranger interactions.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "stranger" flag is not being reset so the interaction options become more and more limited. The "stranger" flag is only reset when you go to Manage World and then back to the toddler. The full interaction options then become available.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the toddler to progress from stranger to acquaintance and the full interaction options to be available. It used to work this way before Cats and Dogs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after installing Cats and Dogs or the patch immediately before.

Before Cats and Dogs the toddlers used to be able to fully interact with each other. At first they had the Talk to Stranger option and the Stranger Danger moodlet but this would clear and a full set of interaction options would be available. Now the interactions just become more and more limited. The Stranger flag does not seem to clear until talking the game into the Manage World screen. When going back to the toddler after this, the toddler can interact as normal. This does not happen with a toddler who has the Charmer trait.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Less toddler interactions the more they interact

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict it appears to be fine for me now. Thanks.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (727 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddler Interactions

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, it is not only toddler interactions. It happens when toddlers interact with strange adults too. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,787 Views)

★★★★ Pro

100 % confirmed. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,754 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you
Message 5 of 10 (1,678 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This thread hasn't got many "Me toos", but it seems to be a common bug nevertheless. This weekend my favorite Let's Player Simfans.de ran into the issue. Here is the video on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74Qwvmu1NE&t=691s

Message 6 of 10 (1,633 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I am having something similar to this happen, my toddlers can't interact with strangers much at all. I never get anything but "interact with strangers" but the bigger problem is they can't even click on toddlers from other households. Playdates have been useless as a result. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,498 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (761 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict it appears to be fine for me now. Thanks.
Message 9 of 10 (728 Views)

Hero
@Amethyst Thanks. I'm going to mark this as fixed but leave open a while longer.

If anyone has more feedback, please post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (719 Views)