by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Latin cuisine grill foods always come out normal quality

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but JTB
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim grill the new foods (all but the chicken chimichurri skewers).
What happens when the bug occurs? All the new grilled foods added with the Oct 6/20 update, with the exception of the chicken chimichurri skewers, turn out normal, even with inspired sims with high/maxed cooking skill and high needs if the sims have no special traits (ie my sims with the Stoves and Grills Master reward trait (requires OR) will make them excellent or impeccable).
What do you expect to see? I expect that these new foods would turn out excellent just like other foods my sims with high skill/needs/being inspired turn out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Oct 6, 2020 update that added the new foods.

I tested this across five different saves and consistently found that all the new foods, with the exception of the chicken chimichurri skewers, came out normal (the chicken chimichurri skewers came out excellent) (see below for work arounds for this). 

I used the new grill that came with the update, I used the one that comes with Toddler Stuff (same food quality rating as the new grill) and I used the 'Incendiator by GrillMania', food rating of 8, and the results were the same in all instances. 

Other foods still come out excellent, so that's not changed.

I first tested with a sim with cooking skill of 6, but also tested with sims with maxed or high (started at 8) cooking skill. In all cases the grill was clean (when it got dirty I had them do the food a second time after the grill had been cleaned), the sim had high needs & was inspired.

Here's an example of the Elote:

vs the chicken chimichurri skewers, which did come out excellent (same results with two different sims/different quality grills):

Two work arounds that I can confirm work are:

1) If you have a sim who has maxed both cooking skills (cooking and gourmet cooking), the new foods can be garnished to become excellent.

2) if you have Outdoor Retreat and buy the Stoves and Grills Master reward trait these foods can turn out excellent (or impeccable). 

Note: the mods I used were removed a long time ago. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 2 (1,173 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Latin cuisine grill foods always come out normal quality

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MapleSimmerYou are right! It happens to me too. Yes this still happens. Excellent or impeccable depends on skill levels apparently. Btw, it happens with or without mods. I tested both ways.

Message 2 of 2 (675 Views)