Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Lagging/freezing with Friendship/relationship list

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but halloween, romantic, party, patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I want to make a new friend the friendship list is frozen and you can't see the new friend in your friendlist or he stands all down. Also when you want to interact with a sim and you click on the sim, the icon of that sim moves already to the first place in the friendship list before you even talk. I don't speak English but I hope it's clear enough to understand what's going on. I haven't seen anyone else with this bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's hard to make friends.
What do you expect to see? I hope that it will be back to normal before the patch. I hope the friendship list no longer freezes or randomly swipes between the first and last person i spoke to. i really love the sims but I haven't played it normally without trying to fix the bug since August. I have tried to re-install the game multiple times. I have deleted all the mods. And I have even started a new savegame but the same keeps happening over and over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It all started after the gallery breakdown and the newest patch. By accident I played the sims while the gallery was down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhmXXK_-nP8&feature=youtu.be

unlisted video where I show the bugs.

Message 1 of 15 (2,246 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friendship/relationship list glitch

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It works a lot better lately, most of the lags are gone and I kinda got used to how it is now. So for me this topic can be closed if no one else has it too.

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (2,259 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @PrisZymations

in the video you stated you tried removing mods and repairing the game. Did you also do a renaming of the whole user folder and try on a fresh one entirely as well as delete your cache files ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,201 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dear Crinrict,

I have deleted the whole electronic arts folder from my documents multiple times as well and then my whole gallery is empty but somehow the glitch/bug stays.

Sims 4 used to work totally fine on my pc with the highest graphics

sincerly,

PrisZymations

Message 3 of 15 (2,198 Views)

Hero

Are you using two screens ? Does it matter on which one you play the game ? 

What resolution are you playing the game in ? Can you try if you have the same issue if you play in windowed mods for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I have 2 screens but I play the sims on the HD screen on 1920 x 1080.

I have tried on windows mode but it got even laggier than before.

And random sims suddenly spawned inside my house and got invisible that's new.

It all started to happen after I played the game accidentally while the gallery was down, I'm afraid that's what cause this weird glitch.

Message 5 of 15 (2,179 Views)

Hero

Hi @PrisZymations

that shouldn't really matter though. A malfunctioning gallery shouldn't have an effect on your game that way.

It doesn't sound the issue is save game related but if you like I can take a look at your current save to see if I can duplicate the glitches on my computer.

Just upload them to some file sharing site and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also empty out my worlds in hope it would work, sadly not.

I hope you can open and download it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-cD8BbDGqAj2c5khe4EviDbgJ2gQNkk2?usp=sharing The save data I played the last time.

Message 7 of 15 (2,149 Views)

Hero

I will take a lookie tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,143 Views)

Hero

Hi @PrisZymations

I'm not entirely sure I understand your problem exactly so I'll try to rephrase in my own words:

• When you talk to a new Sim you haven't met before, they sometimes don't appear in the friends list right away (do they later at all ?) 
  • When you talk to a Sim you already know, the icon is randomly moved to the first place even though you haven't really talked to the Sim
  • Icons are slow loading

I can't duplicate the first two. They did appear right away but not always in the first spot. I'm unsure if that's a bug or not. When I talked to a Sim I already knew, they icon basically stayed at the place where it was.

Do you have slow loading icons on the new saves as well ? The save is 12 MB big which is on the large size so it could just be that.

I'm a bit unsure why the place in the friends list makes it hard to make friends ? I can't really tell you how it's generally in my game cause I don't tend to have the friends list open while I interact with Sims. Do you also have issues with the bar not moving up when interacting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi crinrict,

Yes those are the problems and yes it does not always happen but when it doesn't happen in one family it happens in another family again.

And for example when I interact with a sim it starts to freeze a bit until you see the +bar above the sims head coming up. He really has some trouble with the friendlist.

Also when I make a new friend, the friendlist bar increases very slowely I'm not sure if it was always like that, I thought the green bar was a tiny bit bigger before when you made a new friend.

Maybe I can try to play the game without the list open so I don't focus on it. That was my next idea to do.

I have a small hope that maybe after the new patch it's back to normal but I'm not sure.

Anyway thanks for the help!

sincerely,

Priszymations

Message 10 of 15 (2,114 Views)