by Raynn0124

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Ladders remove foundation trims from builds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and game packs available. I have also purchased Spooky Stuff and Vintage Glamour stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a ladder on a wall with a foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The foundation directly below the ladder is a bit bugged.
What do you expect to see? I expect the foundation to stay the same when placing ladders on the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't noticed any similar foundation bugs before ladders were implemented into the game.

A tiny bug, I know. Thought I'd just put it out there, because it might be useful information. 
The screenshots shown show the inside, where the ladder has been placed, and the outside, where the foundation is bugged.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,676 Views)

Re: Ladder Foundation Bug (Minor Issue)

@walleto

Is it because you have a trim that sticks out so to make the ladder line up with the walls on upper floors it has to inset into the foundation? I noticed it in my game too but it seems to make sense. If you post anymore screenshots please could you change the time of day to the afternoon so they are brighter and easier to see Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (1,619 Views)

Re: Ladder Foundation Bug (Minor Issue)

★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora  Sure. What I found out was that stairs affect the foundation as well. Don't think the trim factors in very much. Foundations without much of a trim, as far as I can tell, are also affected. I tested other foundations and they seem to have the same problem. I can't say it looks very aesthetically pleasing nevertheless, because it seems to ruin the trim. I'm sure you would agree.

Message 3 of 8 (1,588 Views)

Ladders remove foundation from builds

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs but first pets stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and place ladders inside wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? When ladders are placed inside a dwelling the foundation in that area disappears. this happens on all levels of the build
What do you expect to see? foundation to stay when the later is inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I placed the ladders inside the build and noticed that the foundation goes away in those areas. When you delete the ladders and recolor the foundation the foundation fixes itself to look "normal" again. this happens no matter what level the ladders are on. I could see it effecting the foundation on the outside on the first floor of a build but not on other floors of the build. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,577 Views)

Re: Ladders remove foundation from builds

★★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed this issue as well. It does not remove a foundation per se, but more a trim of a foundation because the game does that if you place the ladder on the outside of the build. Problem is, it does the same if the ladder is placed on the inside of the build adjacent to an outside wall. It looks very untidy.

Message 5 of 8 (1,553 Views)

Hero
@Rissa1224 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had this too - a ladder indoors on the third floor (to get to the roof) made an indent on the foundation directly below it.  The ladder is only on the third floor; there are no ladders on the first and second floor.  If I delete the ladder, replace the foundation, then replace the ladder, it goes away temporarily, but then returns if I exit and reload the lot.

06-14-20_1-57-49 AM.png06-14-20.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Adding a ladder inside next to an exterior wall on ANY floor will remove foundation trims if you change/recolor the foundation AFTER placing the ladder. Simply hoovering the foundation tool over the foundation will immidiately affect the foundation on that spot removing the trim and creating a minor dent. This also affects exterior trims on upper floors at all times (no matter in what order you place the ladder/ trim) when the bottom landing of the ladder is in an open area (no room) and the top landing in a room.
Also noticed the foundation is affected only if the ladder is with it's back to the inside of the exterior wall , but the trims on the upper floors are affected no matter the orientation of the ladder

ETA: All packs installed, Current Active Mods: BuildCamera By Twisted Mexi and NoDistanceBlur by Simrod

Message 8 of 8 (1,458 Views)