by LBates88

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Ladder/Stairs: Can block path with bb.moveobjects off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, place a ladder/stairs and then anything that will block the top of the ladder/stairs. It will allow you to place WITH BB.MOVEOBJECTS OFF, but when you go to live mode, your sim cannot use the ladder/stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim cannot follow the path up the ladder/stairs even though you were allowed to place it in build mode with bb.moveobjects off.
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to use the ladder/stairs, since build mode did not block the placement of the other object at the top.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed Eco Lifestyle.

I can place the plant in of the top of the ladder/stairs in build mode with bb.moveobjects off, but my sim can't get past it.  With the stairs, she will actually go up to the top before being blocked.  With the ladder, she won't even attempt to go up.  Please see my screenshots.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 2 (1,332 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ladder/Stairs: Can block path with bb.moveobjects off

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LBates88 

Stairs:  Yes you can place an object in that position when the stairs have the little platform at the top.  When the stairs are in another configuration with the top tread meeting the floor (as in 90 degrees to the floor), you can't.  I think this is probably a design issue rather than a bug and is meant to work that way.

Ladder:  Much the same.  I think it's the way it's designed to work but in that case, if you have the ladder come up in the middle of a floor, you can have things on 3 sides but just have to leave one opening so the sim will use the ladder.  They have to have a place at the top to land.  Again, I don't think this is a bug but a design that lets us players have some flexibility around the ladder.

While testing this, I did run into a unusual situation if I used 1 tile dividers to block the 3 spots and placed them edge on to the ladder opening.  The sim actually climbed the ladder and sidestepped around one of the dividers.  But with a plant like in your pic, they route failed.  I did not test with smaller objects but it wouldn't surprise me if they just stepped over them.

I could see this being an issue if it was wall mounted items blocking the way, but tbh, why would anyone put things on the floor in the way to block either the stair landing or the ladder landing?   Putting something in those positions sort of defeats the purpose of having the ladder or stair in the first place.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (1,278 Views)