by magneticsouthAU

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] LE from corrupted book data

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either try to start writing a book, or start writing a book, stop, and then try to resume writing the same book.
What happens when the bug occurs? LE statistic_element.py:398d6d7e82b2091cadc5ec0b506[cjiang] Error invoking TunableProgressiveStatisticChangeElementWrapper.ProgressiveStatisticChangeElement (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_stat_instance')
What do you expect to see? No LE
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Have provided multiple LE files. I know this issue has been fixed multiple times by patches but still seems to occur.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,977 Views)

Re: LE from corrupted book data

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can't attach LEs, here's the links 

LE 1 

LE 2 

LE 3

Message 2 of 8 (1,963 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] LE from corrupted book data

★★★★ Apprentice
@magneticsouthAU I have a question. What happens after you encounter the LE? Does the sim reset, keep writing or something more?
Message 3 of 8 (1,877 Views)

★ Novice
@Synzorasize Mine resets
Message 4 of 8 (1,627 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing keeps happening to me. I try to resume writing a screenplay and a last exception keeps coming up each time and the whole game starts lagging. Is there any fix to this? 

Message 5 of 8 (1,596 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Only thing that works for me is scraping whatever they are trying to write and start over Frown

Message 6 of 8 (1,544 Views)

Re: [OPEN] LE from corrupted book data

★ Novice

Just happened to me. I'm going to scrap my book.

Error invoking TunableProgressiveStatisticChangeElementWrapper.ProgressiveStatisticChangeElement (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_stat_instance')

Message 7 of 8 (833 Views)

Re: [OPEN] LE from corrupted book data

Community Manager

Hello all,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file. Instructions can be found here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks! 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (215 Views)