by burin077

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] [PS4] No way to empty hamper of clean clothes

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything Currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have clean clothes placed in the hamper
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no way to empty the hamper because the clothes are clean
What do you expect to see? The sims being able to at least take the clothes out of the hamper if clean ones get put in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

One day my maid dropped the clean clothes out of the dryer on the ground, then picked them up and put them in the hamper. There was no way to empty the hamper and nothing else could be put in the hamper because the clothes in it were clean and the hamper was full. I ended up having to sell the hamper because the clothing piling up everywhere was getting out of hand.

The Sims™ 4_20200103170645.jpg

Message 1 of 6 (1,342 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] [PS4] No way to empty hamper of clean clothes

★★★★★ Guide

I've seen this issue on PC as well; it doesn't happen often, but when a clothes pile of "Clean" or "Pristine" is placed back into the hamper, this issue ends up being the result. You'll still be able to "Search Pockets" once on the clothes, but you get no option to wash them.

The only workaround I've found has been to have a Sim change their clothes so that a unit of "Used," "Filthy," or "Dirty" clothes spawns in the hamper, which then allows you to put the clothes into the wash.

This issue also is apparent if a pile of clothes on the floor shows up as "Clean" or "Pristine" as well, since they have no option to put them into the Washing Machine, or in the Wash Tub.

- B

Message 2 of 6 (1,257 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Hm, wonder if this bug is back or if it's just a new instance: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-LDSP-Clean-dry-clothes-in-laundry-hamper/m-p/6592371

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict  it sounds pretty similar. I'd probably have checked a Me Too on that other report. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,238 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Since @burin077 says it's also still happening on PC, it seems it's not a console only issue as I had hoped.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't have this problem, but then again, I use LittleMsSam's Small Laundry Overhaul to prevent this.

Good to know there's a workaround for people who don't use mods, though. Thanks, @burin077 !

Message 6 of 6 (1,204 Views)