[OPEN] [LDSP] No washing machine on lot although there is

by MrsCroweReal

Original Post

Re: No Washing Machine Detected

★★★ Novice

Here are my save files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/101Stfje0UrIv_LETnBrUI54Vey6bVJx2/view?usp=drivesdk

Please let me know if you are having issues replicating or accessing the files.

Origin username: ilyonym

Thanks

Message 21 of 41 (1,280 Views)

Re: No Washing Machine Detected

Hero
Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 41 (1,273 Views)

Of course washing machine

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats dogs, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, seasons, Dine out, jungle adventure, outdoors, parenthood, spa day, vampires, bowling, kids room, laundry, movie hangout, perfect patio, toddler stuff, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Iv seen many post about selecting the hamper and it say "no washer on lot" when there is one, that is happening to me. I built a laundry room but then went to go to do laundry and it wouldn't work. I cleared all the shelves above it and around it and then I also moved any object that was near it away and it still didn't work. even moved the lights and windows. Then I tried moving it to different spots within the same little room and nothing but when I moved it to the middle of another room, In a door way and right in front of the staris it would work... There was one single time I moved it a few squares down from where I originally had and it worked so then I rearranged stuff around the new spot (not the shelves about it) It didnt work anymore. I just downloaded the game to my new laptop a few days ago so there shouldn't be any updates, clear caches or that stuff. I also didn't have any build cheats on to make the washer fit where it couldn't be placed
What happens when the bug occurs? all options are grayed out or says no washer on lot when there Is one
What do you expect to see? it should work where I place it because the game said it was a valid space.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 23 of 41 (1,271 Views)

Re: Of course washing machine

★★★★★ Novice
Hmm, thats disappointing. Ive been wanting washing machines since the game originally came out and I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the next bundlepack to come out so I could get the laundry stuff... hopefully this is fixed by the time the next bundle is ready. :/
Message 24 of 41 (1,260 Views)

Hero

Hi @YourCalypso

I merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 41 (1,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there, @crinrict

so some update on my issue, I moved the washer into a place that would work. I then loaded it and moved it back to the spot I wanted, Where it didn't work originally. Its working great now! So weird I know but Iv done a few loads and still working correctly. 

Can't explain why that did it but it did haha 

Message 26 of 41 (1,228 Views)

Hero
I'm guessing cause you made a thread about it.

That seems to help a lot with weird issues. Talk about it and it goes away :D

Glad it's working for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 41 (1,224 Views)

Still can't do laundry

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know but it's current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but bowling and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to do laundry
What happens when the bug occurs? I can only 'upgrade' the appliances; there are no options at all for laundry bins.
What do you expect to see? Functional laundry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got the laundry bug a few weeks ago and can't shake it.

Things I've tried: 

• uninstalling mods
  • repairing the game
  • moving
  • switching to a new household

There are no shelves above the machines and no counters next to them. I can't recall exactly but I think this began before the last patch. 

Message 28 of 41 (1,207 Views)

Re: Still can't do laundry

Hero

HI @qrlkode

I merged your post.

Although yours is a bit different then OP, it seems that issues must be somehow connected. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 41 (1,194 Views)

Re: Still can't do laundry

★★★ Novice

@qrlkodeTry doing what I did and see if that helps. I can't explain why it fixed it but it's still working! 

I moved the washer into a place that would work. I then loaded it and moved it back to the spot I wanted, Where it didn't work originally. Its working great now! So weird I know but Iv done a few loads and still working correctly

Message 30 of 41 (1,167 Views)