[NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry appliances not working properly on off-the-grid lot

by Ellytaa

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry appliances not working properly on off-the-grid lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with the off the grid trait with enough energy producing appliances. When you have electricity try and load and then start washing/drying machine. The bug happens when the electricity goes off mid-cycle, so use many electrical appliances at once.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the electricity supply ends and the washing/drying machines from Laundry Day are in the middle of a cycle, the laundry breaks. The first couple times it happened it would mark the laundry as clean, but when I dried it it would mark it as dirty. The last time it happened the laundry got stuck inside the washing machine and I couldn’t move it out or restart the cycle, nor add more laundry. Reset objects did not work and it makes the feature completely unusable off the grid.
What do you expect to see? To be able to restart the cycle from where it was stopped, or at least from the beginning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The eco lifestyle patch

Washing machines and dryers are very buggy with an off the grid trait if the electricity ends mid-cycle. I’ve been playing a couple sim-weeks with the new EP and restarted the game many times, but still haven’t been able to finish a single laundry cycle as the laundry gets either stuck inside the appliances, or becomes dirty and dry or clean and wet randomly. Sometimes the pile becomes dirty and dry AND clean and wet, making it impossible to either wash or dry. The only way to get rid of the bugged laundry is to sell the hamper or appliances. All other electric appliances work fine.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 3 (1,085 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry appliances not working properly on off-the-grid

★★ Apprentice

I have the added problem that if I use he wash tub, since it's an off-the-grid lot, the washtub won't get the laundry clean. I have tried replacing the water, using additives, having different Sims try to use it, and it never cleans the laundry anymore. I had to result in using the washer and taking the hit against my power generating (windmills) to get any laundry done at all. I've even tried selling the wash tub and getting a new one, but ti is instantly dirty and stays that way, even though the water is sparkling in it.

Message 2 of 3 (1,007 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry appliances not working properly on off-the-grid

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah, I have the same problem. No matter if I wash the used laundry again. It still results in used clothes. Also, sometimes the sync between the hamper, basin and clothes line doesn't seem to work. No matter how long I wait, the clothes stay soaking wet on the lines and other dirty clothes queue up in the basin as the nanny washes a new load although the previous is still not dry yet. Sun may be shining, but the clothes stay soaking wet anyway. The only way to break this seemingly stuck cycle is to replace the hamper, basin or clothes line. I don't really know which one of those that I need to replace so I just replace them all and it helps. I don't have any cc or mods.

Message 3 of 3 (908 Views)