by Dat_Boi_Sophie

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry Disappears After Repairing Washing Machine

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the washing machine with a load of laundry in it, break the washing machine, see if the laundry disappears
What happens when the bug occurs? I put clothing in the washing machine, added bizarre fruit as a laundry additive, ran the washer, the machine broke, I had my sim repair it herself, then there was no laundry in the machine afterward. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I have the stacked washer/dryer combo from buy mode.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my laundry still there, just needing washed again. That's what it's like when the dryer breaks during a load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No information to add. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,061 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [LDSP] Laundry Disappears After Repairing Washing Machine

★★★★ Pro

Did you check your Sims' inventory?

Message 2 of 6 (1,040 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Dat_Boi_Sophie  I am going to test this today and will post what I find. It may take a bit if a broken machine is the only time this occurs.
I see you said you have the stacked washer/dryer.
Have you tried using them side by side to see if the same thing happens?
Have there been any upgrades on the machines?
Did you check the area near the machines or even outside the house (if it is on the first floor)?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 6 (1,029 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Dat_Boi_Sophie @crinrict 
Selected the stacked laundry machines and used then until they needed repair.

Sim successfully repaired and the laundry was still there and did not disappear.

AnswersHQ Laundry Test.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 6 (995 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I noticed that when you save the game leave lot and come back laundry in the top machine will fall the bottom machine sometimes.
Message 5 of 6 (989 Views)

Hero

Hi @Dat_Boi_Sophie 

is this happening every time for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (955 Views)