Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [LDSP] Clothes won't dry on the clothesline

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put your clothes to dry on to the clothesline after washing them
What happens when the bug occurs? They don't dry like they supposed to do.
What do you expect to see? Clothes to dry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I left the clothes to dry for 3 days and yet still they were wet. In the drying machine they dry but not on the clothesline. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Clothes won't dry on the clothesline

Hero

Clothes moved to the clothing line to dry were not getting dry. We’ve reduced the moisture in the air and it should work now.

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (2,594 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SamanthaSunny What season is it in your game and how warm is it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,459 Views)

★ Guide

It's summer in Strangerville and it's really warm 🤔

Message 3 of 12 (2,448 Views)

Hero
@SamanthaSunny I tested this in my game and it took like 5 days but it was early spring and raining in between.

Could you try a different world if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,426 Views)

★ Guide

Ok that's odd.. I read somewhere that it would take 20 h to dry.. So I let them dry for 3 days and yet they didn't dry.. I can try in another world! I have had another family in Strangerville and the clothes dried up in 10 hours. But that was long time ago. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,408 Views)

Hero
@SamanthaSunny I'm guessing the rain made it wet again and as it was coldish too, I don't expect it to dry that fast. But yeah, if it's sunny and hot, it should.

I have no clue though if they adjusted something when seasons came or not though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,402 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict That would be logical that rain would make them wet again so I think so. First I thought that they don't dry in Strangerville because there is something in the air after what happened there (case is solved in my game though) but then I remembered drying clothes in Strangerville before and everything was fine.

I noticed that couple of others has the same problem. Maybe it's the weather, I don't know or it's a bug. But I will investigate this and try in another world 😊

Message 7 of 12 (2,377 Views)

★ Pro

Isn't there a mod so you can monitor the dryness of your clothing? 15 hours should be enough to dry them if fully soaked (no rain/sprinkler, couldn't find anything about temperature) according to game code

Message 8 of 12 (2,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @SamanthaSunny!!!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to report this issue to our team! :eahigh_file:

We have been looking into this already, but we have had some issues trying to reproduce it. If you don't mind, it would be really helpful for our team if you could provide us with your save file?
In case you are now wondering how to send it to our team, you can just follow this link and you will find all information that you need there.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12 (2,308 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @SimGuruKuxiku!

Thank you for replying to me! 🙏

Yes I can send you a save file. I'll be home tomorrow so when I get home I'll send it to you 😁😁

I'm so happy that you guys take care of your players. Really appreciate it ♥️♥️

Message 10 of 12 (2,299 Views)