by Kwarcdymny1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] L-Shaped Stairs have a visible interior

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Cats & dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the stairs and adjust them with new stairs configuration tools. Look around them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stairs have a visible, uncovered interior.
What do you expect to see? I want the inside of the stairs to be covered.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug appeared in the stairs configuration patch.

The bug occurs on most available stairs.

Bug videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8M7fYTn-A&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yy92jmm9LA&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 5 (737 Views)

Re: The stairs have a visible interior when we use the new stairs configuration

★★ Novice

Have you tried drawing a wall to the outside of the stair?

Message 2 of 5 (706 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] L-Shaped Stairs have a visible interior

@Kwarcdymny1

I can repro this, the landing in the L disappears at certain camera angles in open staircases.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The stairs you used to demonstrate this are stairs that intentionally don't have a back/cover. They weren't created to have one. Have you tried one of the stone stairs? Some of the stairs are meant to be open, and some come with a cover around it. Also know that if you place stairs that don't have a back on it, and then place other stairs on top of it, there won't be that cover. You would have to delete the ones you have and place new ones. Bottom line: The stairs you used don't have a back/cover, and the shape of it doesn't change that.

09-13-19_1-15-18 PM.png

Message 4 of 5 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To dispel doubts, in the screenshot I marked what I mean. I know that not all stairs have walls under them and this is good. I meant the exposed interior of the platform, which is glitch.

Message 5 of 5 (583 Views)