by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Knock on Door missing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT Romantic Garden Stuff, Discover University, and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bugs are in game play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't visit lots/houses of other sims. I am not getting the option to "knock on door."
What do you expect to see? Can't visit lots of other sims. I am not getting the option to "knock on door." However, I am getting the option to "knock on door" of apartments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello all!  Maybe someone can help me.  I am having problems with my game.  The problems are below: 

Can't visit neighbor's homes. I am not getting the option to "knock on door" like I used to to be able to visit other sims.  However, I noticed today that I can visit sims who live in apartments, the "knock on door" option comes up.  It just doesn't work with houses.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17 (2,615 Views)

Re: Problem with Dine Out and with Visiting Neighbors

Hero
@TorriLuvsSims

You can find a thread for the restaurant issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-DO-NPC-Sims-Not-Eating-in-Restaurant/td-p/744819...

Could you please edit this part out of your bug report so we can have one thread per issue, thanks

As for the knocking, does that go for all houses and apartments ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,584 Views)

Hero
@TorriLuvsSims Are you still having issues with the knock on door ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (2,559 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Yes, this is still happening to me.  It's only happening with houses, though.  I can knock on doors at apartments for some strange reason.  Anyway solutions?

Torri Wink

Message 4 of 17 (2,542 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi.  I edited the part out about restaurants as you asked.  however I am still having that problem.  The thread you referred me to isn't really helpful, as people there are also having the same problem.  Frown

Message 5 of 17 (2,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TorriLuvsSims wrote:

Hi.  I edited the part out about restaurants as you asked.  however I am still having that problem.  The thread you referred me to isn't really helpful, as people there are also having the same problem.  Frown

I'm aware of that, it's an open thread. Just need you to post in that thread instead of here cause in the bug forum it should be one thread per issue so QA can track this better.

As for the thread at hand: I tested this and it works fine in my game. Could you start a new save just for testing to see if it also occurs there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,521 Views)

Hero
@TorriLuvsSims Are you still having issues with the knock on door issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,494 Views)

Champion
@crinrict depending on what the houses are like, maybe the door the expect isn't set as the front door? I built a lot with two external doors and when I visit that one it's the back door in the garden that can be knocked, and not the front door.
Message 8 of 17 (2,482 Views)

Hero
@simvasion Thanks, yeah I from what I remember it can also be a problem if you put an arch somewhere around. Makes the door indoor doors. (so many doors)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (2,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yup.  I also have checked my doors to make sure they are set as front door.  I also have no arches, etc around my doors.

Message 10 of 17 (2,469 Views)