by ZeepeX

Original Post

[OPEN] Kids wearing random outfits when they get home from school

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, spa day, done out, parenthood, cool kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, todler stuff, laundry day stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send kids to school, try to do well in school and with homework, try to get A's and answer the pop up stuff in a way that wil make the kid happy.
What happens when the bug occurs? Kids some times will come home from school in a very good mood, and a new outfit that i havent created for them. after they change into sleepwear or shower, the outfit dissapears and i never see it again.
What do you expect to see? its not really a problem, its fine. its actually a bit cool and it makes the game more realistic, but i dont know if its a thing that should be happening. so maybe explain to me if its a bug or a feauture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I dont have any screenshots, but there are some of them in other forums. its just random outfits that dont always go very well together, some times the kid has sunshine and a rainbow or something over her head when she appears in the driveway after school.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (2,313 Views)

Re: Kids wearing random outfits when they get home from school.

Hero

Would be good if you could attach a screenshot (or a link to other reports) when you next get it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,275 Views)

Re: Kids wearing random outfits when they get home from school.

★★★ Novice
I will look for it in my game.

For now i will include links to posts with pictures similar to what ive been experiencing in my game.

Here are a link to a post about it happening to mostly adult sims.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Random-clothing-after-promotion-grades-Up/td-p/544105...

And here's a link where its mostly about it happening to kids.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/893653/what-on-earth-is-my-sim-wearing

(Both with pictures)
Message 3 of 12 (2,249 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Kids wearing random outfits when they get home from school

★★ Guide

It happens to me too occasionally. Usually when a kid gets a better grade. Last time it happened I think my sim kid got an A for the first time. 

Message 4 of 12 (2,224 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Kids wearing random outfits when they get home from school

★★ Guide

For me it only happens when the kid gets an A for the first time.

Message 5 of 12 (2,177 Views)

my boy's in a dress no mods

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? the boy comes home in a dress
What do you expect to see? a boy not in dress
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the boy came home in a dress

Message 6 of 12 (2,168 Views)

Re: my boy's in a dress no mods

Hero
Hi @comicsforever

was this after coming home from school ? Similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Kids-wearing-random-outfits-when-they-get-home-fro... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,143 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yes it was

Message 8 of 12 (2,133 Views)

Hero
Merged then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (2,123 Views)

★★★★ Guide
All my kids (especially teens) tend to go home with clothes pertaining to a certain school clique after they get bumped up a grade; is this intended?
Message 10 of 12 (2,085 Views)