by kusurusu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Joke Star Aspiration Not Recognizing Completed Comedy Routines

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game
What happens when the bug occurs? Aspiration Joke Star, step Funny Businessman(woman) does not recognize previously written comedy routines to complete "Write 3 Comedy Routines" task. Sims that have maxed out comedy routines previous to choosing the aspiration are blocked from completing the aspiration. Previous EA forum reports of bug being fixed are inaccurate.
What do you expect to see? When Sim maxes out number of routines written and cannot write more, if unfulfilled aspiration Joke Star is chosen, aspiration does not show "Write 3 Comedy Routines" as being complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Despite forum posts to the contrary dated from 2015-2017, the Joke Star aspiration does not recognize previous completion of comedy routines. When Sim has maxed out number of comedy routines able to be written, the aspiration becomes impossible to complete. 

There is no option available to scrap previously completed comedy routines to clear the queue. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,514 Views)

Re: Joke Star Aspiration Not Recognizing Completed Comedy Routines

Hero
@GameHoundsEdie Could you point me to one of the solved threads ? Can't seem to find them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Aspirations-not-fulfilling/m-p/5020986/highlight/true...

Joker Star

• Milestone 3: Funny Businessman - Write 3 comedy routines: Since the amount of comedy routines you can write is limited, routines written before the level should count.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but the thread seems to intimate that previously written routines should now count. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,446 Views)

Hero
@GameHoundsEdie No, that wasn't fixed. The thread was archived because QA now needs threads for every issue separately. No one ever made a new thread for it though.

So thanks for making a new one but I now know why I was confused. I had a vague memory of this being reported but not that it had been fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, pretty much right now this aspiration is unachievable if you've previously maxed out your comedy routines. Tried a number of solves, including erasing the routines and refining routines. Refining removes them from your refinement list (though you can see them when performing them).

Whole thing is locked up until a "scrap routine" option is created, the number of routines available becomes unlimited, or the achievement begins to recognize routines previously created. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,388 Views)

Hero
@GameHoundsEdie No need for apologies :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,370 Views)

Joke Star Aspiration Uncompletable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write all short/medium/long comedy routines before starting Joke Star aspiration. Once you start that aspiration you won't get credit for the routines you've previously written.
What happens when the bug occurs? The objective to write 3 routines is impossible to complete when you've already written all the possible routines.
What do you expect to see? The objective should be retroactive since it's dealing with a finite amount of routines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't see this particular bug in the compiled list, but forgive me if I missed it or it's been posted somewhere else. 

Also if anyone knows a work-around (not cheats related since that disables achievements) that would be great to know until this gets fixed. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,376 Views)

Re: Joke Star Aspiration Uncompletable

★ Pro
@dsk1984 Are you sure you can't write more routines? Game code allows up to 7 short routines and an infinite amount of medium/long ones.
Message 8 of 11 (1,344 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The option to write the medium/long routines is there, but nothing queues up when I select them. I just figured there was a finite amount of those as well. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,312 Views)

Hero
@dsk1984 Merging this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,281 Views)