by tiranaki

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] [V] [IL] [ROM] Occult Outfit Sync Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game packs, all stuff packs except for Kitchen, Kids Room, Movie, Luxury Party, First Pet, and Toddlers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a vampire sim to Baatu, plan outfit at The Dwelling, then show dark form. Or reverse, be in dark form, plan Baatu outfit, hide dark form.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you previously had dark form outfit/makeup/hair/accessories that were different than your non-dark form, they automatically sync up when you plan your Batuu outfit. So whatever state you are in when you plan your outfit is the state your dark form will become once you're done planning the outfit.
What do you expect to see? For dark form outfits to not be affected at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hopefully the screenshots can explain. Here's my vampire sim in his non-dark form outfit as he arrives on Batuu. The game automatically assigns him some clothes but when I change him to his dark form he still clearly has his vampire skin and makeup, hair, etc. I take him like this to plan his Batuu outfit, still in his vampire dark form. When he's done, any semblance of being a "regular sim" is gone, his dark form outfit is synced to his regular sim outfit, indicated by the makeup, hair, scars, etc. If I had taken him to plan his outfit in his non-occult form, then the reverse is true, his vampire hair, makeup and scars would be gone when showing his dark form, as if I had selected for them to be synced in CAS, except I didn't. What I would expect to happen is nothing at all. I would expect that he would still be able to change into his vampire dark form without his appearance being affected or synced automatically without my input. For example, that he would remain exactly the same as shown in the first screenshot for his dark form, regardless of what Batuu outfits he's wearing, it that makes sense? English is not my first language, sorry! For what it's worth this was tested on a brand new never modded save.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (855 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] [V] Vampire Outfit Sync Issue

★★★ Apprentice
@tiranaki It affects all occult with a second form! As for spellcasters, if their familiar was summoned before going to Batuu, once they come back the familiar disappear completely. Mermaids have their mermaidic outfits synced to their normal form too.
Message 2 of 3 (759 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] [V] Vampire Outfit Sync Issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jomilej Does it also affect aliens ? They don't have a the form linked like the others so it would be an interesting test.

Could you please create a new thread for the familiar

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (745 Views)