Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTB] Leveling the Playing Field: Informant not populating

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT Nifty Knitting, My First pet, Kids Room Stuff and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On Batuu, Resistance Mission: Leveling the PLaying Field - second step after acquiring the Prototype Blaster and returning to the catina, the Informant does not populate.
What happens when the bug occurs? Informant (turn in) for the mission does not populate so quest cannot be completed, it's been nearly a week (in game) and the NPC has still not shown their face.
What do you expect to see? When returning to turn in mission the informant would arrive so I could complete the mission.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 17 (8,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Leveling the Playing Field: Informant not populating

Hero

Fixed an issue with the Leveling the Playing Field Mission in which the Scoundrel
Informant would not appear on scene after Sims stole the Prototype Blaster and went to
Oga’s Cantina to wait for the informant.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (4,191 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Batuu Mission Bugged - Informant not populating

Hero
@shanvevue17 Did you click on the Sims to see if just the label is missing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (8,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The person themselves aren't appearing. The name has not appeared again since I started the mission. I'll give it a go, since maybe they changed NPC's? I dunno, it's crazy tbh.

Message 3 of 17 (8,350 Views)

Hero
@shanvevue17 Did you try quitting and taking again ? They appeared fine for me but there's been other reports of Sims not showing up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (8,348 Views)

★★ Novice

I did. I quit the mission, then restarted it. I have started clicking on NPC's as they enter the catina just in case they may have the option, nothing yet. I am about to restart the game once more to see if that triggers something. I may have an issue with my game, as the aspiration for Batuu (Hope vs Order) won't complete either.

Message 5 of 17 (8,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@shanvevue17 Which step on the aspiration, I had issues with that as I've done missions before I did the aspiration and I think you can't do that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (8,319 Views)

★★ Novice
FINALLY! I have success! I tagless NPC walked in and I was able to complete the mission! Sadly, my aspiration still has not completed, but I will take the small win!
Message 7 of 17 (8,316 Views)

Hero
@shanvevue17 If it's the same step I had issues, it might be an issue of switching to the aspiration too late.

You might need to cheat. It's what I did as I figured I did to the task

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (8,312 Views)

★★ Novice

MCCC Wouldn't allow me to force a complete, so I had to start over. Oh well, now I'm diving in head first. LOL

Message 9 of 17 (8,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@shanvevue17I have just encountered this issue...currently tempted to just give the blaster to a random Scoundrel since there seems to be two or three other Scoundrels who have the option to "Deliver prototype blaster" to and none of them are the same individual from before.

Granted, it doesn't help that I have forgotten who it was that my sim had been dealing with. All I know is none of those coming in and out of the Cantina are correct and the fact that it was not a guy.

Edit: Giving it to the random Scoundrel seems to have done it. 😲

My sim has now moved onto the next faze on mission. 

Message 10 of 17 (7,692 Views)