by Alistu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Windows partially embedded in walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Laundry Day Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the Cantina lot in the centre of Selvadorada and move the camera so that it clips inside the large white wall surrounding the public space area.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the camera clips into the wall you can see several wooden windows have been placed inside where they cannot normally be seen by the player. If you zoom very far out and view the wall section to the right of the Cantina, the windows sometimes flicker in and out through the wall.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect there to be any windows submerged in walls where they cannot be seen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When you visit the Cantina Lot in Selvadorada you may notice on the left hand side of the large white wall surrounding the Public Space that there are some wooden windows that have been placed in it. I thought this was an odd design choice.

What I have found even stranger is that if you clip the camera INSIDE the wall there are even more of these windows that cannot normally be seen. There is absolutely no reason for them to be there. The right hand wall has none that are visible at all during normal gameplay, yet there are several hidden inside out of sight.

If you aim the camera towards the right hand wall and zoom out quite far then the windows sometimes begin to flicker and clip into view as the different object LODs load.

I have attached two images showing the exact same wall from the outside as you see it during normal gameplay, and with the camera clipped inside to show the hidden windows.

Message 1 of 2 (714 Views)

Re: [JA] Hidden Windows Inside Selvadorada Wall

Hero (Retired)

I see this in my game also and will add it to the list.  Just want to note that the issue is not on the lot itself but on the neighborhood area surrounding it (so it is non-editable by players).

windowsinwalls.jpg

Message 2 of 2 (652 Views)