by AmandaSmith1221

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Skeletal Assistant Marries and Has Family

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every available pack is installed on my system.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure, or if it even IS a bug. If this is a bug, it appears to have been triggered by summoning the "skeletal assistant", with the Jungle Adventure relic -- or perhaps by interacting with the skeletons that walk around in the Jungle Adventure Temple.
What happens when the bug occurs? I summoned a Skeletal Assistant. Her name was Patela Kost. Later, I met a Sim (a regular Sim, not identified in the category of "other") name Zygot Kost. I discovered he was actually married to Patela Kost (Skeleton and all... or rather, that is all she was.) I later met another Sim named Kal C.M. -- related to both Patela and Zygot. At that point I started to feel like something might not be right. So, I decided to invite Zygot to move into the current house I am playing. I realized there were five of them in all. The other four looked like regular Sims, but Patela retained her skeletal form. I separated them from the family I'm playing in "manage worlds". I then opened the Kost family in CAS to see if they were listed as some kind of special sim (ie: vampire, etc.) But they weren't -- not even Skeletal Patela. It listed her as a regular Sim. I deleted the family, and moved on. But I've met ANOTHER Patela. (Last name "Skeleton" this time) I'm not sure if this is just a quirk of the game, or if something is happening that should not be. Please be advised that I do not use CC or Mods of any kind, with the exception of a "no mosaic" mod that can be found on Mod The Sims. It's a single file, and has not caused issue. The only other thing that I've done "differently" is repair my game recently. I had a thumbnail picture missing in my family tree, and I repaired the game, hoping that might solve the issue. It didn't, but that isn't really a concern at the moment.
What do you expect to see? It's difficult to know, as I'm not sure if this is normal for the game. Should the skeletons be leading lives of their own? I plan to attempt a similar "move in" with Patela Skeleton. That way, if the same issue is happening -- I'll be able to get a screen shot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It reads like something from a tabloid, I know. Here's what happened. I assembled all of the wooden relics available (I think... it's possible I haven't found some as I've only just realized there are golden versions of the relics as well.)

In any case, I summoned a Skeletal Assistant. Her name was Patela (ha ha -- knee bone) Kost. First and foremost, I've realized that you've got to keep those bones active and helping... otherwise, they seem to get into mischief. They especially enjoy freaking Sims out by cracking their bones, moving their joints around, and Patella actually took her head off. Twice.

Later, I met a Sim (a human, er Sim not identified in the category of "other") name Zygot Kost. The last name didn't connect, because I honestly didn't remember Patela's last name. Genetically, he seemed well put together. My Legacy Heiress is always up for a potential romance. But, upon investigation, guess who Zygot was married to? None other than Miss-Takes-Her-Head-Off.

Now, see -- I like to cull my townies fairly often. Deleting the non-playables that just don't suit me -- but neither of them were listed there. Later on, Ella (My current Sim) met another man named Kal C.M. Again, not anywhere to be found in the non-played Sims. So, I decided to invite Zygot to move in with Ella... and realized there were five of them. I don't remember all of their names, but Patela was still a skeleton. I moved the whole family in, then separated them in "manage worlds".

I tried to see what they were by editing the family -- but they were just indicated as regular sims. Even Patela! I deleted that family, but I've just met a new young woman whose name is also Patela (getting old) last name Skeleton. Seriously. Not listed in the non-played Sims...

So, is this SUPPOSED to happen? Or is it a glitch of some kind? Anyhow, I thought I'd report on it, because I googled it and couldn't come up with anything... and it was kind of a weird little quirk.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed something like this -- and if it's normal for the skeletons to have lives of their own.

Thanks for reading. I know I'm wordy.

~Amanda

Message 1 of 24 (4,467 Views)

Re: Skeletal Assistant Marries and Has Family

★★★★ Apprentice

It was, in fact, the same situation with Patella Skeleton and family.  I've attached screenshots this time.

When opening the skeleton family in manage households, both girls Patella were the daughters of skeletal Tibia Skeleton.  

I have no idea what might be causing this.  Again -- I don't use CC or mods.  And I only just noticed this tonight.  So, I'm reporting it, in the event that there is something wrong in-game.

Thanks,

Amanda

Message 2 of 24 (4,369 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @AmandaSmith1221

That's unsual!

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 24 (4,326 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Absolutely!  I apologize for getting back with you so late... I've only just logged on the my laptop.  

The save file has been attached.  I should tell you though, that I did separate and delete the Skeletons.  It might've made for great story telling, but I was afraid it might cause problems down the road.

On the forums, another woman posted that she had seen the same thing happen in her game -- but that it really didn't seem to cause any problems with her either.  In any case, here's the link where I initially posted it on the forums as well.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16451953#Comment_16451953

It doesn't seem harmful.  At least not right now... it's just weird.

Thanks!

~Amanda

Message 4 of 24 (4,306 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The first time I didn't zip it up, and it listed it as an unsupported file extension.  It seems to like the .rar file better.  

Thanks.

Amanda

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 24 (4,304 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a link to the file on my google drive, just in case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qa_RVWaoisfumw4m8txS3nAMU3RURLo2/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 24 (4,289 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Seems to be related to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gender-Preference-Attraction-Bug/m-p/6705996#M60744

The game just makes couples from whatever sims despite all their features, so skeletons also are victims of this.

Message 7 of 24 (4,256 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@rostsit Thank you for taking the time to respond on this post. I appreciate that you are willing to help!

I really don't think it's like the bug you linked, though.  By all accounts, it appears as if the development team has taken measures to prevent any kind of relationship building between the skeletons and other Sims.  

The family seems to spawn randomly, because I have no idea what the skeletons do when they're not assisting, or on temple guard duty.  (probably, they go somewhere to learn how to crack their bones, and perform various feats of double jointedness...  I'm kidding.  Mostly.)

In any case, the skeletons aren't flirty with the sims I've played.  It's just, later down the line -- I've met other "not in world" Sims, that are somehow the children of SPECIFICALLY the skeletons I have had interactions with.  Its like they decided they wanted equal Sim rights, and had a family out of rebellion.  (Again.  Kidding.  Probably not the right time or place)...

The picture is of Patella Kost when I summoned her as a skeletal assistant while vacationing in Selvadorada.  Ella (my active Sim) and Patella interacted with one another -- but not in any way flirty.  And no matter how many "friendly" interactions were preformed, their relationship bar remained neutral.  It wasn't until later that I met the children of Patella... and further on, the daughters of Tibia Skeleton, another assistant I had summoned.  

So, no romance or flirting... just randomly spawning families after my Sim had interacted with them.

Message 8 of 24 (4,242 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @AmandaSmith1221

We have your savefile and will investigate this at our end. Thank you for your report.

Happy Simming! 

Message 9 of 24 (4,195 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

thanks for your help. Hopefully you'll be able to reproduce it... if for no other reason than it's super weird.  You won't meet the children of the skeletons (sounds like a movie title) until after interacting with them... at least, that's how they showed up before.

Thank you again.

Message 10 of 24 (4,181 Views)