by Auleric

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JA] [GTW] Artifacts sell for incorrect prices at retail

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Toddler Stuff and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uncover and authenticate a Jungle Adventure artifact (found through the archaeology skill or through the showhiddenobjects cheat), then sell it in a retail store.
What happens when the bug occurs? Jungle Adventure artifacts sell at retail for much lower than their value. Any markup less than 100% results in a loss compared to simply selling the item from the inventory. Setting markup to the maximum (100%) results in only a small increase. Examples: At 50% markup, an excellent quality "Smokey Quartz Skull" valued at $662 sells for a loss at $567. At 100% markup, an excellent quality "Cetlcitli Statue" valued at $705 sells for only a small increase of $806.
What do you expect to see? Jungle Adventure artifacts, when set for sale at a retail store, should sell for their displayed value multiplied by the appropriate markup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This may be related to the fact that these artifacts change value as you uncover and then authenticate them-- maybe the retail calculation is happening based on their original, unidentified state.

I also tested Jungle Adventure treasures which are selling for the correct prices as intended.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 3 (647 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] [GTW] Artifacts sell for incorrect prices at retail

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AulericFrom what I witnessed from my futile attempts to sell fizzed juice at retail, the stuff you sell have Normal Quality price as a base.

If you're able to get Normal quality artifact - do it have such issue? Is sell price same with mentioned Exceptional Quality artifact?

Message 2 of 3 (612 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] [GTW] Artifacts sell for incorrect prices at retail

★★★ Apprentice

You may be right. I just sold two "Golden Omiscan Vases" at 50% markup, one at poor quality valued at $346 and one at excellent quality valued at $933, and both sold for $799.

In build/buy mode if you have the 'showhiddenobjects' cheat enabled, the "Golden Omiscan Vase" item can be purchased for $533. ($533 plus 50% = $799.) The retail calculation seems to use this base value no matter what quality the item turns out to be.

Message 3 of 3 (597 Views)